Usmc or navy

Ryne baugh

Hello my name is ryne baugh I've been wanting to join since I was 10 i am a junior now and I am interested in the marines or navy I have friends both in the navy and the marines every relative I had in the military were in the army I want to do something different

Well do you want more of an infantry experience, or a on-the-water experience? The USMC is mostly made up of infantry, most (if not all) of their fighting is on the land. I think the average deployment time for a Marine is 3-4 months but don't quote me on that. Navy is going to have longer deployments because of the difference in mission. Ultimately, what do you want to DO in the Military? Meaning your job, or as us Army boys call it your MOS? Do you want to go officer? Pilot? Sail a boat? I think that would be the ultimate decision maker between the two.

(By the way if you're lucky enough to receive an education from the Naval Academy, you can get a commission as an Officer in either the Marines or the Navy if I remember correctly.)

Back