USMC Motto's

2ndBn 4th Marines fox comp
bastards of the sea
2nd BN 4th Marines moto
magnificent bastards
yes i am a jarhead so i cannt spell to great :rambo:
oh chesty never said that but he did say you not a good marine till you get a NJP or was it a page 11 well i got both mu ha ha ha ha
damn hazing rules what has the marine become

"Per Mare Per Terras" is even older than the Royal Marines. It is the motto of my ancestors, Clan Donald of Scotland. These are the "Sons of Somerled". Somerled was the first Lord of the Isles and his decendants used that title until it was stolen by the English and is now wrongfully used by Prince Charles among his many other titles. It took England 600 years or so to give back the Stone of Scone. They should give back that one too.

Semper Fi, mac (being the son of WWII Marine I think I can use that)

Charge_7 said:
"Per Mare Per Terras" is even older than the Royal Marines. It is the motto of my ancestors, Clan Donald of Scotland. These are the "Sons of Somerled". Somerled was the first Lord of the Isles and his decendants used that title until it was stolen by the English and is now wrongfully used by Prince Charles among his many other titles. It took England 600 years or so to give back the Stone of Scone. They should give back that one too.
the stone of scotland was stolen by some "patriots" and now will never be found...sad.

Charge_7 said:
Semper Fi, mac (being the son of WWII Marine I think I can use that)

Charge 7 as far as I'm concerned you can use it anytime you wish. Far be it from me to anger a Jock with acess to a howitzer :shock:

Marine girlfriends

I'm not sure about Marine Mottos but us girlfriend's of the marines have a few cute mottos Like: "once you sleep with a marine you'll never be daddys little girl again" "support our troops....One Marine at a time" "Don't make me sick my Marine on your sorry ass" "Do not touch violators will be one fewer and less proud" "semper fi to my marine" "be safe sleep with a Marine" I like them.........lol but then again I'm a girl!!!

Motto.

One of the most used I've heard was:
One shot, One kill.
I'm surprised nobody posted that here yet.

Of course, also, once a marine always a marine. [Like the one shot, one kill better though personally].

motto of my platoon in boot camp

GUIDE:Ready Step!
PLT: ONE SHOT!!!
GUIDE:Left Face!
PLT: ONE KILL!!!!
GUIDE: FOWARD MARCH!
PLT: 69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well at least this was the one we said in the chow hall while in line
:rambo:

3069 platoon number.

In Boot Camp, I was also in 3069 India Co. San Diego, Ca. in 88.
Interesting.

For Mortars:
"Death from Above".

Mr.Rooster said:
One of the most used I've heard was:
One shot, One kill.
I'm surprised nobody posted that here yet.

Of course, also, once a marine always a marine. [Like the one shot, one kill better though personally].

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the motto for,
"Scout/Snipers." (One Shot One Kill)

Motor-T said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the motto for,
"Scout/Snipers." (One Shot One Kill)

Yeah, "One shot, one kill" is a general sniper's motto. Not necessarily USMC specific, but USMC S/S's use it as well as Army, Air Force and Navy snipers.

I remember a Marine recruiter at my school not letting me get any free merchandise unless i did pullups. He kept saying "You gotta git sum, before you can git sum" That doesnt make a lick of sense but i swear thats what he was saying.

Back