USMC...Jobs.

Chyllaxen

I am very interested in joining the USMC but I have not yet made up my mind about what I want to do. Maybe some of those Marine Buffs out there can help me out...I am not looking for you to tell me what to be I am just looking for jobs so start listing and if you cant give me some descriptions. That would be great.

I have always wanted to be a Drill Instructor, but I do not know the requirements or what path to follow.

From the time I really started understanding the military and what I wanted to do I have either wanted to be an Army Airborne Ranger, or a USMC Drill instructor. Recently I have wanted to be an Apache Pilot...I am totally lost can someone give some descriptions and some requirements and any information about any Job.

I need some help I do not want to make a choice I will not enjoy if I am going to make a life out of it I want it to be a job that I love and can enjoy.

Thanks

Chyllaxen said:
I am lost If i want to be a Drill Instructor what MOS do i have to start out with,

Any one you want. It's a B billet in the Marine Corps, so it won't necessarily be a permanent job for ya. Also, depending on what MOS you choose, you may not be expendable so they might not be able to let you go into a B billet.

My advice, pick a MOS you think you'd enjoy doing because things happen and you can't always get those extra/special duty assignments.

From the time I really started understanding the military and what I wanted to do I have either wanted to be an Army Airborne Ranger, or a USMC Drill instructor. Recently I have wanted to be an Apache Pilot...I am totally lost can someone give some descriptions and some requirements and any information about any Job.

You're only 15, so I wouldn't worry too much about it right now, you've got time to research and you've got time to change your mind about a million more times.

Last edited:
Thank you...I am just trying to get some ideas and research so I know the different avenues their are

-Ra88it
:stupid:

I held a B billet when I was on active duty (Marine Security Guard) so I might be a big help for you.

Any Marine (with any MOS) can submit a package to MSG school, Recruiter School, and Drill Instructor School. If your 1st Sgt or CO tells you they won’t let you go it’s B.S., since they DON’T decide if you do go. Your MOS monitor will decide once they see your package.

Most Combat MOS’s require you to have completed two deployments before leaving the BN (which is what going to one of the three aforementioned schools is).

If do submit package things like not being in trouble, good pros and Cons and a 1st class PFT will help. I still went to MSG school even though I had a low (by one point) 1st class PFT score.

To be a Drill instructor or Recruiter I think you have to be a Corporeal before going to school. MSG school is different, since you can go to that school as a PFC.

Just me but.....
Perhaps you should choose a primary MOS you think you will be happy in.
Concentrate on first becoming a Marine
Then becoming proficent in your MOS.
Then decide whether or not you like the Corps well enough to reenlist.

Then decide what B-billet package you want to put in.

But thats just me, I'm goofy like that.

03USMC said:
Just me but.....

Then decide what B-billet package you want to put in.

But thats just me, I'm goofy like that.

Good advice, a lot of re-up packages center around being sent to a b-billet school. You still have to qualify for the school but are guaranteed a school seat, you still HAVE to pass the school first though….

03USMC said:
Just me but.....

That's real good advice.
I got screwed into a MOS I didn't want to be in and I'm having a rather miserable time. I'm trying to work up a move to an infantry unit. It won't change my MOS but it's the closest thing I can get to infantry.
The last one is very important because a lot of bad things can happen and you can end up disliking the Corps severely. I'm not really there right now but if I stay in this unit I'm in right now it can go that way.

Thank you all I am ready alits of all the available MOS's and really reasearching which one is best for me.

Pardon my interruption, how does one get to become a Drill Instructor? Can I apply for it once I meet the requirements?
Thanks,
Lamm

Lamm said:
Pardon my interruption, how does one get to become a Drill Instructor? Can I apply for it once I meet the requirements?
Thanks,
Lamm

Pretty much the same way you become an MSG except I think you have to be a E-4 to go to the school.

Anyone can apply for a b-billiet MOS is the meet the pre req's

Back