USMC are fanatics?

Gunnie

U.S. Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever known. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everythng they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics...., which I have come to the conclusion they are!"
-- An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

Who ever the Canadian Citizen is that posted this remark about the USMC I would like to have had with me in Nam. I would have made you take point every dam day. You wouldn't even qualify for the cub scouts nor would you dare make that remark to any marine in person. You hide behind your computer, you coward!

It's a known remark man..... Noone from this forum, and I believe that it was a remark made in Awe, not an insult.

Gunnie said:
U.S. Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever known. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everythng they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics...., which I have come to the conclusion they are!"
-- An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

Who ever the Canadian Citizen is that posted this remark about the USMC I would like to have had with me in Nam. I would have made you take point every dam day. You wouldn't even qualify for the cub scouts nor would you dare make that remark to any marine in person. You hide behind your computer, you coward!

So you don't agree with the statement then, well it's widespread, and I'm sure it wasn't on the computer when the canuck said the darn thing.

Could you please specify Why you have posted this here Gunnie??

Thanks.

In reply to those who asked some questions

To the person that asked why I spelled my name Gunnie? Because this group already had someone with that spelling. Why I posted this message on this group? I just stumbled here looking for sniper info and came accross this group. I saw that crack about marines and couldn't resist the temptation to comment. Thank you.

sorry mate but i think you should have got more of a "feel" for this forum before commenting on anything...for the most part we are all military folk and we're all pretty much aware of the rules...

plus there are many MANY marines that post here....and they certianly haven't taken offence

take the comment in the spirit it was given

We got some smart ones on this forum :roll:

Personally, I like the quote. I think its rather amusing, and also praising to the Corps. Oorah.

It is said that the Marines are like an acult, but I dont believe that one bit. But I guess I'll see soon enough.

LIBERTY said:
It is said that the Marines are like an acult, but I dont believe that one bit. But I guess I'll see soon enough.

They say it's like a cult because of the strong feeling Marines have about the Corps. It is somewhat unmatched when compared to other branches. Thats my take on it at least, but like you, I'll find out soon enough as well :)

Focus Fate said:
They say it's like a cult because of the strong feeling Marines have about the Corps. It is somewhat unmatched when compared to other branches. Thats my take on it at least, but like you, I'll find out soon enough as well :)

Ooo-Rah! :D

I have to agree - the USMC is like a cult - a brotherhood if you would. I think the quote is a great compliment - Marines take pride in their gung-ho attitude and abilities. They are better trained than most other branches and a really close group of warriors - that and the fact that they put their bacon on the line for us during every conflict says quite a bunch - and this coming from a person that favors the Army more than any other branch!

I was Army but I think the phrase "there are no ex-Marines, once a Marine, always a Marine" sums up how the Corp feels about the cohesiveness of their forces. All the better to bring pure hell on the enemy.

Pretty well known qoute in the Corps there "Gunny". Matter of fact one of our Marine Members here uses it as a sig line. (BTW that particular Marine was a Scout Sniper. )

The qoute itself dates from WWII and was meant as a compliment toward the Marine Corps. Not a crack or slight.

Might help if you fill out your profile.

Back