USMC is it even for me?

Hi, Im 18 I joined the USMC DEP and am scheduled to ship to bootcamp July 20th. Im having second thought i hate to say. Im joining with my friend were going to bootcamp together. I really dont want to leave him to go by himself. Anyway my story now. Ive spent 4 years of my life with people that are complete hippys/cultists (yes they were hard core).
My grandparents that i live with now since the cult i lived in made my mom have a mental breakdown. Yes she died. Anyway im a happy go lucky smile 100% of the time person and i really like that about me but i also hate my lack of responsibility. The reason i looked at the Military at first was for money and to get rid of my lazyness. Originaly i was going for National gaurd and my grandparents supported that but when i turned marine they became distant and reluctant to even talk to me about anything relating to it. Now ive seen the USMC boot camp movies and im not sure that im the right material for something like this.

Please if you have any questions im happy to answer them.
And please help me with this decision.

If you have to think about it, I'd say you're not cut out for it. Having said that, if you wish to become "a man", go for it.

well if your grandparents are becoming distant to you because u want to join the USMC, well there just preparing themselves....not like you gonna see them anytime soon once you leave for boot. as for the whole lucky go smiley thing.... yea dont count on seeing anyone at boot with that same attitude, your only targeting your self. honor, courage, committment, the ability to travel make good money, improving your "lazyness" habits, is all up to you, how hard you work is up to you and no one else should change your mind. yea boot was difficult, but you ask any Marine, its still and always will be 90% mental and 10% physical.

I say Join and then reconsider in 4 years. Just a thought but if the cult and the other areas of your life were that stressful you will be right at home fitting in to a rank structure. I love the USMC and currently have made it a career. Regardless of how much any Marine loves or hates the Corps one thing is clear "they are a better person because of it"

Hey, I say stop Being a pussy the Marine Corp will change your life in a good way, your grandparents wont talk to you or about the marine corp but when you graduate bootcamp and your in your blues they will respect that you made that decision. you will have a better life and be proud of who you are.

Hey, I say stop Being a pussy the Marine Corp will change your life in a good way, your grandparents wont talk to you or about the marine corp but when you graduate bootcamp and your in your blues they will respect that you made that decision. you will have a better life and be proud of who you are.

I've had all I can stand. I'm guessing just from your posts and the fact that you won't answer PM's your probably a teenage airsofter. Since you have done nothing to dispell this. I'll afvise you of the following.

You don't rate those Chevrons

You Don't rate the USMC

You sure as hell don't rate the 0321 Designator

And your gone.....go find a gamers forum.

Yeah he even wrote "Marine Corp" when no Marine I know would ever make that mistake. You see that word written correctly on almost everything, everywhere with people giving you a hard time when you f*ck it up.

Back