USMC BOOT CAMP SAN DIEGO

WUS UP PEOPLE !
I NEED SOME ADVICE !
DONT JUDGE ME !!
CAN I NOT GRADUATE FROM BOOT CAMP IF I DONT KNOW HOW TO SWIM ?
OR WILL I BE TAUGHT AT BOOT CAMP ?

oh ok i appricate very ones comments.
a marine vet. told me to go to a local YMCA for swimming lessons before i leave to boot camp

Last edited:
You will be given instruction at recruit training by qualified CWSSI's at the swim tank.

You can graduate as an unqualed swimmer if they decide to let you. But most often you will instucted until you achieve a third class swim qual.

If you qual Third class and go infantry you will be sent to every swim qual in the regiment until you qual at least second class and probably first class.

If you listen to your CWSSI's andd CWSSQ's and don't freak out in the water you won't have any problems.

First of all, welcome. Second...you don't need to shout. We can hear you just fine. :)

Good luck at boot.

Welcome to the Military forums, Marines huh/ Semper Fi!:salute2: You have my respect for wanting to serve and defend this Great Nation I fully support you, but I can say if you can't swim its a good thing you chose the Marines :)

(right03?? LOL)

Believe it or not in the navy, they want you to knwo how to swim in case you fall overboard, I did 20 years, and the only time I ever got in water was Boot Camp

Back