Used Harley-Davidson.

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
"Hey guys, I need a favor. Actually, this friend of mine needs one big favor and I thought I could find help on the boards.
He is around 40, married to my cousin. He's got a job, but he's also excellent at rebuilding, restyling bikes - what he does is basically find what he calls "the base", which may be a used motorbike, one that got thru an accident and is in pretty bad condition, even a bike that the owner is going to get rid of, and do the chromatics and make the engine work again and stuff. He then sells them to people and make bucks. He is not wealthy, he has a kid and needs money. He likes to work hard so hes hoping for some help.
Now he is expressly looking for a Harley-Davidson (he said any displacement, 1200 cc., 1240, 1300...), or even just the engine and the chassis, but it seems to be incredibly hard to find one in Italy for some reason, and they're just so expensive.
He heard that you can find a lot of Harleys everywhere in the US and that they're not as expensive as here. He just knows I know some people so asked me for help. He can't speak English.
So my point is: I've been surfing around websites that offer used motorcycle but considering he said hes going to pour a lot of money on it once he gets it, he's looking for some cheap stuff. As for the shipping thing, he would of course take care of the expenses. I also think that there are some companies that do that for you.
The main thing is finding someone who has an old, used Harley, or just chassis and engine, and would throw it away, or would want to sell it. He is there. I guarantee for the payment, of course we can arrange it.
Or, alternatively, can anyone know someone who be interested?
Or any website? Found nothing on Ebay.
I hope some of you brothers can help me on this. It has never happened that you didnt help me solve a problem, guys.
Please share your thoughts. Thank you very much for now.

Whenever some one has an accident on a Harley where some one is hurt or killed, most guys consider them jinxed and won't pass on a jinxed bike , usually scrapping them. Most Harleys in the condition you describe aren't worth the time or money. Have your friend look into building one from "aftermarket" parts. You can buy all the parts to build a complete motorcycle right out of a catalog. PM me when you get a chance and I'll try to get some catalogs over to you. Ciao buddy.

I can't find too much about European sources but the parts can be gotten so cheap in the US that I think it will be worth ordering from here and having it shipped. Especially a piece at a time.

Missileer said:
I can't find too much about European sources but the parts can be gotten so cheap in the US that I think it will be worth ordering from here and having it shipped. Especially a piece at a time.

Yeah but my friend said he'd rather get a wrecked one- the cheapest the better for him. He just does all the work on it and sell it. He said no matter if the motor is blown it's even better for me.

Italian Guy said:
Yeah but my friend said he'd rather get a wrecked one- the cheapest the better for him. He just does all the work on it and sell it. He said no matter if the motor is blown it's even better for me.

Actually, that's the way most people in the US acquire a Harley. He can buy a frame, springer, seat, motor, just about any part from salvagers here and have it shipped. A frame would be a good place to start. Harley parts are never crushed they are kept and sold regardless of the condition so there are warehouses full of anything needed to build a bike from scratch. I think Japan has been one of the biggest buyers of parts. I think most salvers have gone international because of a better market that here for used parts.

Missileer said:
Italian Guy said:

Actually, that's the way most people in the US acquire a Harley. He can buy a frame, springer, seat, motor, just about any part from salvagers here and have it shipped. A frame would be a good place to start. Harley parts are never crushed they are kept and sold regardless of the condition so there are warehouses full of anything needed to build a bike from scratch. I think Japan has been one of the biggest buyers of parts. I think most salvers have gone international because of a better market that here for used parts.

Now that's interesting. Czarninakid is sending me some mags and catalogs advertising pieces sales.

Back