USC vs. OSU

And tell me, how many players are left on Oklahoma's or USC's rosters from their last meeting four years ago? How many of them actually played? Which conference's champ defeated USC the next year despite having two fewer Heisman trophy winners on their roster? How many naitonal championships does the Big 12 have in the last... 15 years compared to, I don't know, every other conference in the sport?
National Titles by Conference Since 1990
Big 12
1990-2000:3
2000-Present:2
SEC
ACC
2000-Present:1
Big 10
1990-2000:1
2000-Present:1
Pac-10
1990-2000:0
Clearly this statistic shows that you can't go by National Championships.

Have you looked at their schedule?! They play nobody! It's just like Hawaii... They played no one all season, and look at that, they ended up undefeated. And what happened when they got to the Bowl? They got the crap beat out of them by an SEC team. I would bet my entire life's savings on UGA beating USC, AU vs USC, UA vs USC, FL vs USC, LSU vs USC, etc etc. Any of them could take on the Trojans and win. Again, yall have the Number 1 spot because you DON'T PLAY ANYONE. You honestly can tell me that USC could take Georgia's schedule and come out with a Number 1 spot? Or even a winning record? HAH! I doubt it.
IF Georgia can survive the entire season then they will unquestionably be the best team in football. IF they survive the season, and IF they can beat USC in the championship. USC, barring a total choke of epic proportions, will play for the Championship.
yall? I am not a USC fan. I just think they are a really good team and have been for yrs. They are not good once in awhile, they are good every year. I do think LSU and a few others could beat them, in general though I think they are probably the best currently. I wish Notre Dame or Penn State was but I'd have to go with USC if I were asked who the best is in the NCAA.
Penn State I wouldn't mind seeing win it all. Notre Dame I could do without.

Yeah I recall it, didn't need the video. I think that was more of a lack of maturity on his part and didn't realize that the NFL was truly a level above the NCAA. I'd still say that USC is probably the most beneficial to the NFL, maybe Penn State and Miami close behind.

In any case, it wasn't a direct comparison to the NFL, it was a reference to the two levels of college. SEC is much higher than any other league in the country as far as the game goes... Hit harder, run faster, jump higher. It's not just a Nike slogan, it's the SEC's motto.

OH! And another thing I like about the SEC... When it comes time for the Bowl Games, no matter what college gets into what bowl, the SEC divides the money to EVERY SEC COLLEGE. No other conference does that... So it's NOT about the money when WE play a game.

Well ok. Quite honestly, we'll have to wait till closer to the end of the season to see who REALLY is the best team in football THIS year. Quite honestly, no one has played a really accurate test of team. Georgia had a semi-game, but we still haven't gotten into our schedule... Now next week, after the BAMA game, I'll be able to tell you if I truly think we can go all the way or not.

that ought to be good, Ga vs Bama right?

I though Ohio St would be better but that QB is the poops, I think thats the main reason Ohio St looked awful vs USC. I thought USC would win but I thought it would be a better game.

what about Stanford? lousy this season? Well, the thing is with college fb, the whole team changes every 4 yrs. So, it's not like you can build a dynasty really, unless you have awesome coaching.

No, I meant the upset over USC LAST season. Hehehe

The key to college is recruiting. Recruiting and sustainment... That's why Mark Richt is such a valuable coach. He put heavy emphasis on recruiting the good ones. Like Stafford, and Moreno, and King, and Massaquoi.

Last edited:
oh, well, it is difficult to have your A game week in week out. college is a little easier than the pro's because of less games but still very difficult.

I agree. That's why I said you really have to wait till the end of the season before you start calling favorite, because anything can happen...

indeed, thats why they play the games. I am glad too because I can drink beer and blame it on the beer when I give you noogies.

Daggone Jets losing bad to the Chargers. Don't like Chargers.

Me either. They played the Falcons in my first pro game. There was one Chargers fan in the middle of like and entire section of Falcons fans... He moved. Hahahaha

When did you see that game? Just wondering who was with the Falcons then.

You being a Falcons fan, you musta been sick when VIck turned out to be a hoodlum.

It was a while back... I was....14 I think... Or 15. Somewhere around there.

Absolutely. I mean, I knew he was, but I didn't know he was like that... I just figured he was your typical black gangsta athelete... Like Allen Iverson or someone like that... Didn't know he really was a douche....

Back