USAF or Navy

Donkeykong4.0

What is better for a man wanting to be a fighter pilot, who has been in Army JROTC for 3 years.
Also The drill team And I'm ranked first sergeant but still have a year to go (im a senior)

Thanks yall
:9mm:

Numbers-wise, the Air Force has more tactical aircraft...but your priorities should be: officer first, then aviator, then maybe jets. Why do you want to join the military?

Not sure of your age, but if you still have one more year of High School, I think you should be contacting your Congressman or Senator about sponsoring you to one of the military academies.

This would give you some of the best schooling and probably the best chance of getting what you want.

BTW: JROTC Drill Team ain't gonna mean jack when it comes to getting a flight school seat.

What is better for a man wanting to be a fighter pilot, who has been in Army JROTC for 3 years.
Also The drill team And I'm ranked first sergeant but still have a year to go (im a senior)

Thanks yall
:9mm:

Your academics better be up to code, I mean, don't just get the minimum requirements for an academy, and think your getting in, even for a normal NROTC or AFROTC scholarship, meeting the minimum, means only that they will LOOK at you, and let me tell you, it's EXTREMELY competive, also another key word of advice, do things at school, join science club run for student council, play sports cause all that stuff on your application puts you further towards the top of the stack.

Your academics better be up to code, I mean, don't just get the minimum requirements for an academy, and think your getting in, even for a normal NROTC or AFROTC scholarship, meeting the minimum, means only that they will LOOK at you, and let me tell you, it's EXTREMELY competitive, also another key word of advice, do things at school, join science club run for student council, play sports cause all that stuff on your application puts you further towards the top of the stack.

Excelling in the classroom, participation in outside activities, and even the discipline involved with drill team, will all be factors in improving your chances of getting what you want.

You need to demonstrate your abilities, work hard, school, work with others (that's where clubs come in) before they hand you the keys to one of their jets.

Excelling always works in your favor. Because, when the time comes to make assignments, they look at your wish list, the assignments available, and class standing to grant those assignments.

#1 in standing means high choice on your wish list from the available assignments.

#1,000 in standing = considerably lower pick.

Not sure of your age, but if you still have one more year of High School, I think you should be contacting your Congressman or Senator about sponsoring you to one of the military academies.

This would give you some of the best schooling and probably the best chance of getting what you want.

After this. Join the Navy, anybody can land on a 10 mile long runway, but not everybody can land on a moving object with a 300 foot runway :)
All my pilots used to tell me it was like landing a plane on a postage stamp at 180 mph

Back