USA vs Iran?

--
Boots

January 18th, 2005  
Zyca

Topic: USA vs Iran?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html

Sounds very much like what Saddam had to say ere the war.
January 18th, 2005  
implicature

but in their defense it isn't like they are going to say... "please don't let the USA pick on us" or something like that. at least he didn't say "we will kill them all" or something ridiculous like that.
January 18th, 2005  
Zyca

I think the better approach would've been to focus more on the non-military solution rather than implying 'we are invincible' or something like that, it almost feels like a dare. The reason for a possible US invasion was the nuclear and bio-chem weapon build-up (on the surface at least), but then maybe CNN did not cover the whole story.
--
Boots
January 18th, 2005  
implicature

You are right about the dare thing but i really don't think it would be wise on the part of the US to screw with Iran right now because of Iraq. Once Iraq is taken care of then if someone was to say "Iran has WMD" there would have to be some HARDCORE proof for that and if there was i would say that something could start there but without some HARDCORE proof i don't think that the US ppl would be as supportive of invading Iran. and i really hate to be such a pessimist but at this point HARDCORE proof may be an attack using those lethal WMD. because with the world wide outrage and the backlash that came with the US not finding WMD in Iraq there could serious hell to pay on messing with Iran and not knowing for sure whether there are WMD or bio-chemical agents or whatever there is in Iran!
January 18th, 2005  
Zyca

Agreed. Iran probably knows that US is under too much pressure internally and externally to carry out another invasion as well, there won't be enough troops or funds to fight so many wars at once.
January 18th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: what???

Don't jump downmy neck please but to be honest bush is looking for an excuse to raid iran. Its common sense
January 18th, 2005  
Doc.S

I looked at Fox-news this morning over here in sweden before I went to work, and they was adressing the subject too. I think U.S would need another 9-11 with solid proof of Iranians behind it if they ever would get ground forces into that hell hole. We are talking about something really different from Iraq or Libya or other middle eastern armed forces and AA/SAM capabilitys here. They would most likely have better ammunition for those deadly tanks I have seen on pictures, The Iranian built tank more known as Zolfaqar 3. Iran is a challenge in most respect, maybe the best equiped self suffisent Middle East Country today. RESPECT!

If any attack - Tactical airassault and limited ground operations to start with, and if the people in Iran want`s to have a New Order well I dont know, otherwise I think problems in and with Iraq would fade away in comparisson to be honest.

Cheers:
Doc.S
January 18th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

I see it Like this

1. It would be very Diffivult to Convince American Public about this . ( After the Blunders of Iraq )

2. Convensing World Community that it's worth going to war with Iran.

3. By now Most of the Ovious Targets would Know they are Next ..........So they might try to Group.

4. Dunno How far the Troops and Funds can be streched ..............America is leaving a trail behind.................Afganistan and Osama is far form Over ...............Iraq has just Started ............and now a New target .

5. Iran has a Relatively Better Millitarily that the previous targets................their Indegenious Wepon Production capabilites and range Weponary accuried is relatively Modenthan most of the Muslim Countries.

6. Iraq was a different Issue it was a Un-Islamic Government Most of the Muslim Countries wanted to get rid of..............Iran Might very well try and Make this Muslims VS Invading Evil...........that way get Support form Outside Muslim Countries or Groups/ornagnisations.

Odds are Heavily Against it .

Peace
-=SF-13=-
January 18th, 2005  
Whispering Death

In symetrical warfare Iran is not much of a match for the U.S.

The problem is the U.S. is extended right now and asymetrical warfare in a 'liberated' Iran could break the back of the U.S. military. It will not be until at least 4 more years from now at current U.S. force strength that the military will be freed up enough to handle a postwar Iran.

Not to mention the fact that Bush could never convince the American people to support him in anotther full-fledged war. An Air war, however, is still a very viable option for him in the next 4 years. Infact, if I was to make one foreign policy prediction about the 2nd Bush term, it is that he will be in an air war with some country.
January 18th, 2005  
Sexybeast

invading Iran is probably more difficult then invading Iraq...

Iran got lots of Red Arrow 9As from china...not something to mess up with