USA vs Iran? - Page 2

--
Boots

January 18th, 2005  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
invading Iran is probably more difficult then invading Iraq...

Iran got lots of Red Arrow 9As from china...not something to mess up with
Red Arrow 9As?
January 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

en...
http://www.sinodefence.com/army/antitank/hj9.asp

Hong Jian means Red Arrow
January 19th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Propulsion: solid
Length: N/A
Calibre: 152mm
Launch Weight: 37kg
Max Range: 5,000m
Armour Penetration: 1,200mm
Rate of Fire: 2 rounds/minute
Night Fighting: Detection 4km; Recognition: >2.5km

Wow Penetration at 1200mm, thats pretty good and lethal.

Back on Topic: Iran will be much harder then invading Iraq. I dont think we would be able to create enough troops or funds to have war with Iran.
--
Boots
January 19th, 2005  
Snauhi

Red arrows is not a problem what will be a problem for US aircraft is S-300. And isnt RA copy of TOW?

But anyway USA wont be able to attack Iran in the near future, USA's military is to small.
January 19th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I am unconvinced of how dangerous the Red Arrow is to the M1 series of tanks. The armor on an M1 is designed to defeat HEAT rounds.

I also know for a fact that in Iraqi Freedom a Challanger 2 tank neer Basra using virtually the same armor as the M1 took a direct hit by a HEAT rocket and survived without injury to the crew.
January 20th, 2005  
Doc.S

Whispering Death:

Quote:
I also know for a fact that in Iraqi Freedom a Challanger 2 tank neer Basra using virtually the same armor as the M1 took a direct hit by a HEAT rocket and survived without injury to the crew
Whisp do you know what type of ATGM that hit that tank? French built ATGMs are not to good I have heard. Turky did take one large order back and if my gut feeling arent messing around with me I think it could have been a French built one.

This Red Arrow missile are similar to the Russian Kornet-system is it not? There are two types of Kornet if I am not all out in the cold here, one more advanced and the other type sold to Syria?

Ds: Sweeds are making very effective ATGMs at the moment. Will be very hard for M1-M2 and even Challengers and Merkava 4 to survive those babys in the future. Time for the west to do as the Russians I think. Put on some very good Shtora systems, (even if I think those wont help anyway.) Im not sure but I think UK have this system or simular on there Challenger 2 MBTs? However it is a smart ATGM that makes more then penetrate armour. 8)

Prob one of this worlds best Anti-Tank missiles, America are druling for them if I am not entirly wrong informed. If I tell anything more I have to kill someone.

Cheers:
Doc.S
January 20th, 2005  
SHERMAN

No X Vs. Y toppics allowed.