Are the USA serious about wanting Iraq to handle its own security? - Page 5

--
Are the USA serious about wanting Iraq to handle its own security?

June 19th, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Then why didn't we invade sudan, north korea or lebanon, i think the people there could use our help a lot more than iraqis ever did.
An invasion of North Korea would be tricky. One of Lebanon could destroy their fledgling democracy and the people who really need help in Sudan are mainly in the Darfur region (according to the media). So..there could be a limited invasion that created defense perimeters outside "black" villages to protect them from the janjaweed militia. Shame on the EU who talked big game about this issue but didn't do anything. I don't blame the AU so much because their means are clearly more limited than Europe's (their equipment is nevertheless far superior to the Janjaweed's).
June 19th, 2006  
WarMachine

So we really have no justification of invading anywhere, fine with me.
June 19th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
So we really have no justification of invading anywhere, fine with me.
Nah, we could wait until we become a bayonet shish-kabob. You do that and I'll lock and load, because if you wait for the war to come to you, that's gonna be awful messy around the `hood.
--
June 19th, 2006  
WarMachine

Right, i'll wait for the developing countries of this world to cook up a navy and invade america.
June 20th, 2006  
Missileer

Quote:
Right, i'll wait for the developing countries of this world to cook up a navy and invade america.
You need to take a stroll over to ground zero and the Pentagon, it doesn't take an invading army.
June 20th, 2006  
mmarsh

It doesnt even take a foreign country, plenty of domestic lunatics willing to do ill as well...
June 20th, 2006  
WarMachine

Yeah, but's that all an issue of intelligence gathering, an army couldn't do much against a terrorist attack anyway. Israel still has terrorists attacking them despite their best efforts to stop it and decades of experience in the field. How many times have you heard that 9/11 was an intelligence failure rather than our military's inability to be doing anything?
June 21st, 2006  
Damien435

Oh WarMachine, we can provide justification for invading Canada and some people will buy it because justification is all just a matter of opinion. Some people (like myself) looked at Saddam and saw an evil dictator who should have been removed, other people (WarMachine) look at Saddam and see someone who was misinterpreted and in general a really nice guy. Get it through your thick skull, the United States is only one nation in a world full of hundreds of nations, even with the resources available to us we can only do so much, perhaps Iraq is only the first step in a long line of invasions against nations that have attacked the United States and our allies in the past or nations where the people are being supressed by an unpopular and corrupted government. Why this assumption that Iraq will be the only nation we invade? Oh, because people like yourself would say that the US was actually seeking to gain dominance over the world's economy in preperation for an attempt to conquer the world.
June 21st, 2006  
WarMachine

Oh shit! You're right, it's all so clear to me. We should rape the world and not worry about the consequences that might or might not be negative.

Oh yeah, this is definitely what i've been missing. And oh, lest i forget while changing my mind, **** DEMOCRACY. Yeah! Go USA and its new world order!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! **** DEMOCRACY! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
June 21st, 2006  
Damien435

WarMachine, the above statement is the only reason I would support a draft. Stupid little ****ers like yourself would have a lot to learn from the asskicking the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines would hand out at basic. Take your head out of your ass and take a breath of fresh air, the United States is doing nothing to set up any sort of "New World Order" as you would say, we are simply doing what our President felt was the right thing to do and what a very large majority of Americans felt was the right thing to do; forcefully remove an opressive dictator from office and put in place a Democratic form of government. If little bastards like yourself can't handle the fact that millions of men and women are willing to put their lives on the line to fight for freedom for complete strangers then that is your own problem that you need to take care of on your own god damn time. Quit wasting the time of the people on this forum.
Post edited:watch the language