US will sell smart bomb to Israel

sandy

Reports from the US suggest Washington has been asked to speed up a shipment of precision bombs sold as part of a deal with Israel last year.
According to a report in the New York Times, Israel made the request after it began its air assault on Hezbollah targets in Lebanon 12 days ago.
The weapons, including five-tonne laser-guided bombs, are part of a sale signed last year.
Unnamed US officials say the request to speed up delivery is unusual.
The disclosure is likely to anger Arab governments because of the appearance that the United States is actively aiding Israel at such a sensitive time.
Precision-guided missiles are playing a key part in Israel's military strategy, which has included attempts to destroy bunkers it says are used by Hezbollah.
Israel is one of the largest customers for US armaments. It also receives several billion dollars a year in direct and indirect aid from Washington.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5207066.stm
And,what will Israel to Hezbollah?

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but my father when he was in bomber command used chuck empty beer bottles out of the plane over Germany. The air passing over the mouth of the bottle used to make it scream all the way down. When they had dropped their bombs they used to chuck them out to annooy the Germans

i love how people complain about israel killing too many civilians, but when they try to get precision weapons which would help kill less civilians, people get upset about that too. talk about double standards.

LeEnfield said:
I know this has nothing to do with this thread but my father when he was in bomber command used chuck empty beer bottles out of the plane over Germany. The air passing over the mouth of the bottle used to make it scream all the way down. When they had dropped their bombs they used to chuck them out to annooy the Germans

Thanks for sharing LeEnfield. :cheers:

If Isreal bought them at a U.S. hosted arms fair then they should allready have em,beacause the United States is the biggest arms seller in the world.So its possibly that the U.S. has delayed shipment beacause of the evacutations.

Last edited:
Back