Us Vs Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingleRipper

Does the UK's navy and frances etc all airforces put together stand up to the us.

DEBATE Europe vs us includin russia

ty

:) I see this thread lasting a long time.

If your gona start a VS thread try compareing the navies of the nations or the airforces not the country themselves. Those threads are frowned upon round' here.

Also in this impossible scenario if the US had all 13 of her carrier groups in the Alantic, theres no way in hell anybody in Europe is getting close to US shores. They lack the carriers and the advanced destroyers and cruisers of the US. Also european navies have a ways to go to catch up in AAW and ASW.

We Can Sink The Carriers With U-Boats or something, and don't tell me they are to well protected cause a Swedish U-Boat during a exercise With US-Navy got true the defenses i think.

And with out Carriers i think Europe would win after a while.

Forgot to write this: If any one writes that America have a bigger Military and budget, think of this Europe Call reserves in, get allot of industries to create Military Stuff, AQnd increases Budget.

EagleHammer said:
Forgot to write this: If any one writes that America have a bigger Military and budget, think of this Europe Call reserves in, get allot of industries to create Military Stuff, AQnd increases Budget.

But the US would do the same thing, and its doubtful europes military capabilities would be able to catch up with the US' as the US has a larger military to start with, a larger military manufacturing industry etc and as said before if all 13 carrier groups were near europe then its likely most of europes manufacturing capabilities would be destroyed before they could be used!
this thread is a bit pointless

But it would be pointless.

This is completely a 'what if' type thing.

What in the world does Europe have that we would NEED to invade them to get it?

Radwan said:
But it would be pointless.

This is completely a 'what if' type thing.

What in the world does Europe have that we would NEED to invade them to get it?
Culture? (puts on vest and lid and hides behind sofa)

The rather amusing thing about it all is that it is the ultimate nightmare X vs Y scenario. The sides would have to duke it out in the Atlantic for ... heaven knows how long. Then, once one side or the other manages to completely destroy all naval resistance and severely cripple the other side's air power ... well now they'd get to launch the biggest and most insanely complicated amphibious assault in human history.

Didn't several people point out that there'd be no point anyways? Neither side would have anything to gain.

We Can Sink The Carriers With U-Boats or something, and don't tell me they are to well protected cause a Swedish U-Boat during a exercise With US-Navy got true the defenses i think.
From what ive read these were generally, just tracking exercises were our ships just tried to avoid the subs without actually haveing on war-gameing going on. These were also done without wasting sono-buoys and typically without the support of a carrier groups LA class subs.

Also a battle in the Alantic would be a blue water affair deisel boats can only go so far. The biggest sub threat the USN would face would come from the Brits and Russians.

Bulldog said:
Read the forum rules.
Let us kids play :)

Last edited:
I think we would lose on the Atlantic but I don't think the US (or any other major power) could ever beat UK+Russia+France+Poland+Spain+Sweden+Germany+Netherlands+... on the ground. That would be soo many tanks, aircrafts, artillery, 3+ million soldiers, several times as much reservists, a versatile decentral defence industry.

Also many of the smaller european countries have relatively large arsenals of uptodate conventional weapons, e.g. Switzerland alone has about 400 Leopard MBTs. Anyway pointless if you include Russia in the coalition. With enough european money they would easily tie up to their former strength.

loki said:
I think we would lose on the Atlantic but I don't think the US (or any other major power) could ever beat UK+Russia+France+Poland+Spain+Sweden+Germany+Netherlands+... on the ground. That would be soo many tanks, aircrafts, artillery, 3+ million soldiers, several times as much reservists, a versatile decentral defence industry.

Also many of the smaller european countries have relatively large arsenals of uptodate conventional weapons, e.g. Switzerland alone has about 400 Leopard MBTs. Anyway pointless if you include Russia in the coalition. With enough european money they would easily tie up to their former strength.

I agree, give Wester teknology to Russia And All Eastern European Countrys That with ther population i think we would kick ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back