'US troops' strike inside Syria

perseus

This might stir up trouble

US helicopter-borne troops have carried out a raid inside Syria along the Iraqi border....the raid would be the first known attack by US forces inside Syrian territory...The village was named as Sukkiraya, 8km (5 miles) from the Iraqi border....A US military spokesman could not confirm or deny the reports, saying it was a "developing situation". ...The area is near the Iraqi border city of Qaim, a major crossing point for fighters, weapons and money travelling into Iraq to fuel the Sunni insurgency.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7692153.stm

Last edited:
in fact u.s military does not know the consiquencies of his hasty actions.
they behaved rudly against pakistan eventhough that pakistan is their main ally.and now they want to try with syria.
i wish syria will shot down any of these planes.

Or conversely Syria and Pakistan do not understand the consequences of harboring terrorists and maintaining portions of a rat-line.

Syria and Pakistan clean up their act and deal with problem, of which they are well aware, there will be no need to do it for them.

Now I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Britain had chased the IRA over the border in Ireland and killed a few people in doing it, would Americans been quite so gung ho about that, well after a terrorist is terrorist.

Now I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Britain had chased the IRA over the border in Ireland and killed a few people in doing it, would Americans been quite so gung ho about that, well after a terrorist is terrorist.

Hehe just imagine had Britain started taking out IRA support in the USA.

As far as this case goes though I think it will depend entirely on who they killed in the raid, if it was an AQ operative then I really couldn't care less about borders but if it wasn't then the US is opening itself up to further issues as I doubt the Iraqi's will be thrilled about this.

Or conversely Syria and Pakistan do not understand the consequences of harboring terrorists and maintaining portions of a rat-line.

oh my god!
what do you expect from pakistan to do more than what she did?
pakistan government tolerated a horrouble opposition from the its people for the sake of america.
i think pakistan even converted into a puppet state for the sake of america.
pakistan can not exterminate all of its people to prevent these attacks.

it becomes really rediculous.

oh my god!
what do you expect from pakistan to do more than what she did?
pakistan government tolerated a horrouble opposition from the its people for the sake of america.
i think pakistan even converted into a puppet state for the sake of america.
pakistan can not exterminate all of its people to prevent these attacks.

it becomes really rediculous.

Please, don't make silly statements like that. Pakistan doesn't have to "exterminate all of its people to prevent these attacks". It just has to take the responsibility of not harboring terrorists. It has to become a responsible citizen of the world, it has to do the right thing to prevent the terrorists from using their territory as a safe haven. Puppet state? Ha, if that was even close to a reality, there would be no problem with terror groups from that area.
What Pakistan tolerates is the presence of AQ and Taliban. Pakistan can obviously do much much more than it has done already.
The bottom line to all this is that there needs to be serious accountability for acts of terror, not sanctioned safe places, zones, or areas to hide.

CNN did far more to track down Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Pakistan than the Pakistani government has done, and that was just to write a story detailing how many fighters were in Pakistan, making no effort to hide their identities, and how little the Pakistani government was doing to deal with them. But now those same fighters who were allowed to remain in country for so long are starting to turn on the Pakistani government so Pakistan will be forced to act.

Guys, you go too far...

First, this was a clear violation of legal borders. You cant just intervene anywhere you want because you label people there as terrorists...

Every state have a list of people they call terrorists. If everyone starts to attack outside its border like that, we will have a lot of conflicts on our hands...

Syria is a country in peace. It's very important. You cant come and trouble peace without a good reason. And believe me, 8 terrorists is not a good reason.
They will get replaced in no time...

And Pakistan was always a puppet state... They gave them the bomb to see them equal India's influence in the region. And as long as a country like Pakistan has the bomb... They will never go free. They will have a disguised dictator smiling to the west for eternity...

And Pakistan is a good exemple... It's impossible to control your population. You will always have a terrorist or two in your population. You cant control everybody... And you dont have the right to.

Syria

LeMask
Syria is a country in peace
Sorry but I don't agree with you Syria has been a home to terrorist for years and has acted because of their location a travel free hub.

Most of the outside terrorist in Iraq pass through Syria, these outsiders are single handily destroying any chance of peace.

More should be done to Syria to force them to make better choices on who they support and who they look the other way for.

You would hard press to find a country more support of to terrorism then Syria.

A country of peace. wow!

A`HOY on the surface IMO Blackeagle may be on to something about US not realizing the fall out of its action. IMO US is paying Syria off behind the scenes. Has everyone forgotten about Imad Moghniyeh the one Israel took out, could be Syria is giving these guys up. LeEnfield good point about Britain chasing IRA etc. I would add what about US opposition to Israeli walls then US making Iraq second largest importer of cement behind UAE (this in 2007), and using it to make Baghdad a maze of walled off sections. G-day!

Last edited:
on the surface IMO Blackeagle may be on to something about US not realizing the fall out of its action. IMO US is paying Syria off behind the scenes. Has everyone forgotten about Imad Moghniyeh the one Israel took out, could be Syria is giving these guys up. LeEnfield good point about Britain chasing IRA etc. I would add what about US opposition to Israeli walls then US making Iraq second largest importer of cement behind UAE (this in 2007), and using it to make Baghdad a maze of walled off sections. G-day!
What's all this nonsense about paying off Syria? Where are your facts? This is mere unsubstantiated conjecture. What's cement got to do with anything? :sarc:

This action sends a message that if you attack us, we're coming after you no matter where you try to hide. And guess what? We'll get you, sooner or later and there's not a thing you can do about it! That's the fallout.
Ahoy, hip hip hooray, zippidy dooda and fiimaan illah!

Last edited:
The bad guys better go hide where our guys can't go. But in Russia, the Russians will go after them. Actually the bad guys will wish our guys were going after them, not the Russians.

Would you go inside Russia , DTop?

Trust me give Syria a nuke and the capacity to fight back and they wouldn't have gone there this time.

Simple reality is that Bin Laden could be holding public meetings in Beijing or Moscow and he would be perfectly safe, the level of possible response determines the level of bravado.

Last edited:
hey,you are not here to learn me how to talk!:cen:
however,american problem is its stupidity and arrogance.she thinks that she can do whatever she want by her power without putting other nations' mentality or their nature into her account.

what do you expect from pakistani people when they see their brother who are innocent afghanistani civilians (especially childrens,elders and women)are being slaughters by american?tell me what?

therefore pakistani muslems see that their duty to support their brothers .
so if pakistan government moves to stop them by military force who are pakistani and muslems wherefore you can expect popular revolt in any time.

nevertheless that i am with that america must be punished for her invasion of iraq and afganistan.i oppose any rissistance in this time,for the sake of the people of these two nations to enjoy in sability and prosperity.
ok?

Back