US town bars foreign flags in swipe at immigrants - Page 4

--
US town bars foreign flags in swipe at immigrants

February 5th, 2007  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
I don't fly the Stars and Bars for other reasons. I support the Confederacy and what it stood for but the Confederacy was not America. The America that I have come to learn and love is the America that was founded by men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the millions of Militia Men and Continentals. The America that I love and have fought for have been defended by men such as Teddy Roosevelt, Alvin York, and Audie Murphy.

So confederate flags are still official national flags?
I understand that they are still part of state flags etc. but I didn't realise they could still be considered national flags.
February 5th, 2007  
Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So confederate flags are still official national flags?
I understand that they are still part of state flags etc. but I didn't realise they could still be considered national flags.
Sometimes, some people in America make up their own perosnal laws for things, and try to punish others for not following their own laws for the things they believe in.

Had it been my call to make I would have killed every person, and I mean every person taking up arms against the United States of America during the Civil War.... but things like that are never my call to make, so it is doubtful it would have been had I lived back then.

While many in the United States of America can say they love the United States of America.... when it comes down to it, fewer actually do.

Note: That was not directed at any Poster here.
February 6th, 2007  
bulldogg

Overzealous retribution in post war settings is never a good idea. Would calm er heads prevailed against this sentiment in post WWI there would have never been WWII. The leniency showed by victors goes a long way in preventing future bloodshed.
--
February 6th, 2007  
Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King

You do now, hidden in your cache somewhere. Mwah ha ha ha!
CK,

February 6th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator
No, it is not the official United States Flag, as each Star represents a State in the United States of America.
Quote:
All versions of the U.S. flags ever used are still legal, as new versions have been authorized, but old versions have never been unauthorized.
William M. Grimes-Wyatt, 21 February 1996
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-ststr.html