US torturing terror suspects?

03USMC said:
You are making it sound as if US Forces are scooping subjects up at random and subjecting them to torture.
Am I?
I dont mean to , I'm just saying that some members of the insurgents havent done anything at all except support them aka say they do and give them money.
Have the killed anyone? no!

How about. Conspiracy to Commit Terrorist Acts, Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Aiding and Abetting?

03USMC said:
How about. Conspiracy to Commit Terrorist Acts, Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Aiding and Abetting?
How about self defense, how about trying to free your country?
Would america resort to ressistance like movements if it was invaded?
YES
Same with every country.
The ones who cut peoples heads off are bstrds and should be shot but there are diffrent groups.
You cant see everything as black and white its grey.
Heres a quiz, did the IRA support fighting?

But everything is black and white. If I give someone money with the knowledge that said money will be used to fund the bombing of an airliner. Then I'am culpable for that act as well.

The IRA or the Provo's?

03USMC said:
But everything is black and white. If I give someone money with the knowledge that said money will be used to fund the bombing of an airliner. Then I'am culpable for that act as well.

The IRA or the Provo's?
The IRA.
Since when did iraqi insurgents cause the WTC or the pentagon?

That was an example of Conspiracy for you not a statement of facts. But okay, here. If I give someone money knowing that money is used to fund the suicide bombing of an Iraqi Police Station then I am culpable for that act also. Better?

No the IRA at least the political arm did not advocate terrorist tactics thats why PIRA broke off.

03USMC said:
That was an example of Conspiracy for you not a statement of facts. But okay, here. If I give someone money knowing that money is used to fund the suicide bombing of an Iraqi Police Station then I am culpable for that act also. Better?
Yes that is a conspiricy to murder but the man doesnt know that is what it will be used for.
No the IRA at least the political arm did not advocate terrorist tactics thats why PIRA broke off.
Well done, now can you classify them as terrorists?

devilwasp said:
Yes that is a conspiricy to murder but the man doesnt know that is what it will be used for.
Well done, now can you classify them as terrorists?

If you donate money to Red Cross your pretty sure it will be used for relief efforts. Right?

If you donate Money to say Hammas. Well then your pretty sure it will be used for some Nasty Stuff. Right?

Sorry I can't buy the whole line of thought that as long as they are not actively involved in a terrorist act that their hands are clean. Especially if they give monetary support to known terrorist organizations.

They may not have pulled the trigger. But they bought the gun.

PIRA as terrorists? Technically yes they fit the profile.

well devilwasp, most rich people are really really stingy about what their money is going for, so ususally rather then giving blindly, they know who they are giving their money to and for what purpose it will be used, you see if some guy comes to me and asks to borrow my gun so he can shoot up a school, well if i give him the gun, then i am responsible for his actions.

03USMC said:
If you donate money to Red Cross your pretty sure it will be used for relief efforts. Right?
Ah now there is a diffrence between "pretty sure" and 100% positive.
If you donate Money to say Hammas. Well then your pretty sure it will be used for some Nasty Stuff. Right?
Actually hamas is not just terrorist stuff, they do help the comunity and do other stuff.
Sorry I can't buy the whole line of thought that as long as they are not actively involved in a terrorist act that their hands are clean. Especially if they give monetary support to known terrorist organizations.
Who is to deem it is terrorist though?
The british government deemed american fighters in the independance war terrorists. "terrorist is someone fighting a government or more.
They may not have pulled the trigger. But they bought the gun.
You can not say that they bought the gun, they gave money to the person.
It could have been to help that person or to help the comunity.
Remember the IRA and PIRA helped the comunity in ireland cause they didnt like drugs.
PIRA as terrorists? Technically yes they fit the profile.
But they are fighting for "freedom" aren they not?
Which is what americans where fighting for during the inderpendance war, yes no?

I don't recall any record of George Washington dispatching Colonials to London in order to bomb Civilian Targets. Like Department Stores. ;)

03USMC said:
I don't recall any record of George Washington dispatching Colonials to London in order to bomb Civilian Targets. Like Department Stores. ;)
I dont remember iraqi insurgents sending 747's to america to crash into a building, as i recall that was alquida not the insurgents.

devilwasp said:
03USMC said:
I dont remember iraqi insurgents sending 747's to america to crash into a building, as i recall that was alquida not the insurgents.

Okay I'm not understanding your point here. Your saying that the Insurgents are Freedom Fighters?

03USMC said:
Okay I'm not understanding your point here. Your saying that the Insurgents are Freedom Fighters?
In thier eyes, yes.
In your eyes no, they are just an enemy.
As the writers in james bond put it so well, "one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist"

Were it a popular uprising of Iraqi's I would toy with that notion. However when they are being reinforced by other nationalities then it is in response to a fatwa (sp) by Assahama Bin Laden for Jihad. You had see that on Al Jizzera right?

devilwasp said:
"one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist"

And unless you subscribe to the moral relativist school of thought, in which case it is pointless to discuss this further, one of those men is wrong. Just because a person believes something or thinks a certain way doesn't make it right or ok. There is a line, whatever some folks may tell you, between being open minded and being stupid.,

the insurgents aren't just killing Americans, but also their own people, since when do you murder your own people when fighting for freedom, usually freedom fighters wants support from their own people.

it is Ian Fleming by the way, and the guy James Bond was based off of died about 10 months ago unfortunately, he was a naval intelligence officer

03USMC said:
Were it a popular uprising of Iraqi's I would toy with that notion. However when they are being reinforced by other nationalities then it is in response to a fatwa (sp) by Assahama Bin Laden for Jihad. You had see that on Al Jizzera right?
You have seen the crowds on TV when they see americans comeing around in thier town aka civilians.
Also i do believe that america was helped and helped terrorists in the cold war. You cant say that just because they recieve help from your enemy that they do everything like the enemy.

Redneck said:
And unless you subscribe to the moral relativist school of thought, in which case it is pointless to discuss this further, one of those men is wrong. Just because a person believes something or thinks a certain way doesn't make it right or ok. There is a line, whatever some folks may tell you, between being open minded and being stupid.,
Yes thats the point, who is right?
Both sides are wrong and both sides are right!

Jason Bourne said:
the insurgents aren't just killing Americans, but also their own people, since when do you murder your own people when fighting for freedom, usually freedom fighters wants support from their own people.
Americans where fighting americans in the independance war, where they not?
Irish men and women where fighting each other in NI where they not?
it is Ian Fleming by the way, and the guy James Bond was based off of died about 10 months ago unfortunately, he was a naval intelligence officer
Yeah BUT he didnt write the line a writer did and sometimes the best quotes come from non military men.

Back