US torturing terror suspects? - Page 10

--

December 31st, 2004  
03USMC

I don't recall any record of George Washington dispatching Colonials to London in order to bomb Civilian Targets. Like Department Stores.
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I don't recall any record of George Washington dispatching Colonials to London in order to bomb Civilian Targets. Like Department Stores.
I dont remember iraqi insurgents sending 747's to america to crash into a building, as i recall that was alquida not the insurgents.
December 31st, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwasp
Quote:
I dont remember iraqi insurgents sending 747's to america to crash into a building, as i recall that was alquida not the insurgents.

Okay I'm not understanding your point here. Your saying that the Insurgents are Freedom Fighters?
--
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:

Okay I'm not understanding your point here. Your saying that the Insurgents are Freedom Fighters?
In thier eyes, yes.
In your eyes no, they are just an enemy.
As the writers in james bond put it so well, "one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist"
December 31st, 2004  
03USMC

Were it a popular uprising of Iraqi's I would toy with that notion. However when they are being reinforced by other nationalities then it is in response to a fatwa (sp) by Assahama Bin Laden for Jihad. You had see that on Al Jizzera right?
December 31st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwasp
"one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist"
And unless you subscribe to the moral relativist school of thought, in which case it is pointless to discuss this further, one of those men is wrong. Just because a person believes something or thinks a certain way doesn't make it right or ok. There is a line, whatever some folks may tell you, between being open minded and being stupid.,
December 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

the insurgents aren't just killing Americans, but also their own people, since when do you murder your own people when fighting for freedom, usually freedom fighters wants support from their own people.

it is Ian Fleming by the way, and the guy James Bond was based off of died about 10 months ago unfortunately, he was a naval intelligence officer
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Were it a popular uprising of Iraqi's I would toy with that notion. However when they are being reinforced by other nationalities then it is in response to a fatwa (sp) by Assahama Bin Laden for Jihad. You had see that on Al Jizzera right?
You have seen the crowds on TV when they see americans comeing around in thier town aka civilians.
Also i do believe that america was helped and helped terrorists in the cold war. You cant say that just because they recieve help from your enemy that they do everything like the enemy.
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
And unless you subscribe to the moral relativist school of thought, in which case it is pointless to discuss this further, one of those men is wrong. Just because a person believes something or thinks a certain way doesn't make it right or ok. There is a line, whatever some folks may tell you, between being open minded and being stupid.,
Yes thats the point, who is right?
Both sides are wrong and both sides are right!
December 31st, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
the insurgents aren't just killing Americans, but also their own people, since when do you murder your own people when fighting for freedom, usually freedom fighters wants support from their own people.
Americans where fighting americans in the independance war, where they not?
Irish men and women where fighting each other in NI where they not?
Quote:
it is Ian Fleming by the way, and the guy James Bond was based off of died about 10 months ago unfortunately, he was a naval intelligence officer
Yeah BUT he didnt write the line a writer did and sometimes the best quotes come from non military men.