US Supreme Court vs. International Law

Will President Bush's new court nominee get approved?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ironhorseredleg

Now that the US has it's new chief justice for the next 30 years and SDO is on her way out, what effect do you think the new US Supreme Court will handle the question of the US detainees in Guantamo and abroad?

I doubt this...

This sounds like a good trick!

Since his first nominee, Mr. Roberts got approval, Pres. Bush knew that his 2nd one (whoever he would be) will face a deadly resistance and disapproval in the senate so he had to burn this poor lady in the process and put up another one later to get whom he wants for the post.

however this is my assumption... i hope i m not right on this

I am not really into the new appointee for the Supreme Court, but I'd like to give this discussion a little spin (if you don't mind).
What is the deal with national law versus international law? Why doesn't the US sign the ratification of the International Court of Law in The Hague? I'm trying to look at this in a international relations-point-of-view, but I can't see the angle. Could somebody explain this to me?

(And maybe I'll know what to do with this poll afterwards.)

Sorry Phoenix, I'm afraid I did somewhat..... call it ignorance on my behalve. I saw the words international law and that is something I can talk about for days.

Please stay on topic, but feel free to start a new thread if you want to discuss something else.

Thanks.

Simple, international law doesn't affect the US of A. The moment that happens and the happy gun grabbing goons of the United Nations appear at my door step. I start shooting...

Ted said:
Sorry Phoenix, I'm afraid I did somewhat..... call it ignorance on my behalve. I saw the words international law and that is something I can talk about for days.

hehehehe... Well, it is in your nice country!

The Hague! What a lovely city! :pray:

Back