US soldier joining Australian Army

Djiron453

noMy question is; how hard is it for a US soldier to join the Australian Army? I am an E-4 in the infantry, three and a half years in. Went through SF selection and passed, but Im getting the boot for DUI suspicion (their basing it all on my BAC of.081, however they dropped the case in civilian court). Needless to say, I am not happy at the direction the Army went. They were kind enough to decide on a General under Honorable Conditions though. So upon being screwed with reenlistment, I sought out opportunities abroad and found the Australian Army being my first and most reasonable choice ( Foreign Legion my absoloute last choice), but my problem is I cannot find any specific recruitment policies for international recruitment, only generalized explanations about what their looking for. I'm not giving up on being part of an elite unit in the current fight against an increasingly hostile world, so I am gunning for their Commando group and eventually SAS ( I've learned my lesson well about taking chances to screw **** up i.e. DUI) therefore I am asking for any pertinent guidance to getting their attention and recruiting my ass for something I know I'm cut out for. Thank you for reading.

-Dima J.

The US is their exception, because both militaries are workin together.They do transfer job speciality from US military but it takes a crazy long time to get any response from them about individual cases. Which is why I posted in hopes of someone knowing more about this process.

noMy question is; how hard is it for a US soldier to join the Australian Army? I am an E-4 in the infantry, three and a half years in. Went through SF selection and passed, but Im getting the boot for DUI suspicion (their basing it all on my BAC of.081, however they dropped the case in civilian court). Needless to say, I am not happy at the direction the Army went. They were kind enough to decide on a General under Honorable Conditions though. So upon being screwed with reenlistment, I sought out opportunities abroad and found the Australian Army being my first and most reasonable choice ( Foreign Legion my absoloute last choice), but my problem is I cannot find any specific recruitment policies for international recruitment, only generalized explanations about what their looking for. I'm not giving up on being part of an elite unit in the current fight against an increasingly hostile world, so I am gunning for their Commando group and eventually SAS ( I've learned my lesson well about taking chances to screw **** up i.e. DUI) therefore I am asking for any pertinent guidance to getting their attention and recruiting my ass for something I know I'm cut out for. Thank you for reading.

-Dima J.

Not being an Australian I really cant help you but this may give you some leads to work on...

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/recruitmentCentre/canIJoin/overseasApplicants/army.aspx

I SAY AGAIN.. words twice: "You need to be an Australian citizen PERIOD!" to join the ADF. Capt Frogman et al are wrong. They seem to be implying joint operations or secondment to another nation's military, which is quite a different thing to joining it.

You will need to learn the language as Oz is a great deal different from American version of English

Back