US and Russian air fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayuhao

i think the Russian's air fighter such as su-27,su-30 looks more cooler than the usa's fighters f-16,f-15
what's your opnions?

For me, F-117 Nighthawk > all

That piece of technological marvel is beeeeeaaaaauuuuutiful. I'm aware that it is technically not an air fighter, but a bomber... :-D

to me the us f22 is the best looking aircraft the we have, i dont really know about russian aircraft besides the mig

su-35_0002.jpg

Su-37

su-27.jpg

Su-27

20050824008_MAKS_big.jpg

Su-47 flanked by 27s

f22_1.jpg

F-22/15
I think the Russians have it beat. (visually)

Last edited:
yeah but what you see is deffinatley not what you get here

Su-37 Flanker SpecificationsPrimary Function:Air superiority fighterContractor:Sukhoi Design BureauCrew:OneUnit Cost:N/APowerplant Two Lyulka AL-37FU vectored-thrust afterburning turbofans, 30,855 lb thrust eachDimensionsLength:21.94 m (72 ft)Wingspan:15.16 m (49 ft 9 in)Height:6.84 m (22 ft 5 in)WeightsEmpty:N/AMaximum Takeoff:34,000 kg (74,960 lbs)PerformanceSpeed:2,500 km/h (1,553 mph / 1,350 Kts / mach 2.35) -- altitude
1,400 km/h (870 mph / 756 Kts / mach 1.32) -- sea levelCeiling:59,055 ftRange:1,390 km (863 mi / 750 nm) -- low altitude at 497 mph
3,300 km (2,051 mi / 1,782 nm) -- high altitude at 590 mphClimb Rate:230 m/sec (45,300 ft/min)Armament One GSh-30-1 30mm cannon, plus up to 18,075 lb including R-73/R-77 AAMs, AGMs, bombs, rockets, drop tanks, and ECM pods carried on fourteen external points

F-22 Raptor SpecificationsPrimary Function:Fighter, air dominanceContractor:Boeing and Lockheed MartinCrew:Model F-22A will carry one crewpersonUnit Cost:N/APowerplant Two Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 engines (155.69 kN / 35,000 lb st with afterburning each)DimensionsLength:62 ft 1 inchWingspan:44 ft 6 inchesHeight:16 ft 5 inchesWeightsEmpty:N/AMaximum Takeoff:60,000 lb (27216 kg)PerformanceSpeed:Mach 2 classCeiling:50,000 ft (15240 m)Range:N/AArmament One internal M61A2 20-mm cannon, three internal weapons bays, underside bay for four AIM-120A AMRAAMs and two lateral intake bays each with two AIM-9M sidewinder AAMs. Revised bays for 1,000 lb JDAMs replacing two AIM-120s and AIM-9X AAMs. Four underwing stores stations with provision for two AGM-137A Tri-Service Standoff Arrack Missiles and / or fuel tanks.

I think the raptor comes out victorious

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like how the weapons systems of the F-22 works; its missiles/bombs are stored in the internal bays and it opens when it wants to fire (I'm guessing like how the missiles are fired from those nutty jets in the movie Stealth). It beats the old style of pylon-mounted weaponry where when you look at the wing of a jet fighter you see all these missiles, bombs, and fuel tanks protruding from it. With weapons hidden in internal bays, it's like a silent killer; you never know what's going to pop out of that jet once those bay doors open... :box:

Rabs said:
I agree Russian planes are much much prettier than US birds
I think the F 22 and F 35 are the best looking fighter planes ou there right now. The Berkut (is that the name of the forward swept wing fighter?) comes in third. The other American planes look as cool as Russian ones

I think the point is moot as the Russian aircraft are vastly different from what ours are, different missions and different armament.

The ugliest girl in High School might be the best looking woman in 10 years. In the same light a good looking aircraft still looks like garbage after it has crashed and burned.

Over all it's the pilots that make the fighters what they are. I only know two former Soviet pilots and scads of U.S. pilots. My choice is biased so take your pick.

The planes with good-looking, don't kill. The plane with ugly-looking, Kill more. I'd go side with the hardcore ugly plane like F-16, F-15, F-22, F/A-18.

I think Russian planes look better and I'm fairly certain Su-37s with good pilots could kill _any_ American plane aside from a Raptor, which is a whole generation ahead anyways.

I think Russian planes look better and I'm fairly certain Su-37s with good pilots could kill _any_ American plane aside from a Raptor, which is a whole generation ahead anyways.

Sigh. If you start another thread il be more than happy to discuss the performance issue, but this thread is on the cosmetics of the aircraft. And yeh the Su-37 kills any american plane when it comes to sexyness.

I'm not too sure that very many people really try to see the similarities between the US and Soviet planes, but there are quite a few versions on both sides that could have been designed by the same man/team.

Check them out. The discussion about which looks the best just might be asking the question, which version of the McDouglas do you like the best? The U.S. version or the Soviet/Russian version. It's almost like saying do you like the United 757 or the American 757?

I know it's a little of a stretch, but get the pictures and take a close look at the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back