US and Russian air fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Su-47 sure have it's killer looks! Remains me of the aircraft in X-Men!

Is it possible to fit the Su with Us engines? If it is possible, then that bird sure has killer looks and killer power!

Rabs said:
That wouldnt be becaused they "borrowed" some of our ideas would it. No, never.

Actually there is a high probabability that it was a two way trade off. I think we might have done a little spying in the day as well!

Hi,

If we are Only Considering Looks .... Russian Birds Beat Everyone hands Down :)

su30mki3or.jpg

^
An Indian SU 30 MKI :)

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

If we are Only Considering Looks .... Russian Birds Beat Everyone hands Down :)

Picture removed.

An Indian SU 30 MKI :)

I think each person may have a different outlook on the subject.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Nobody is right so you can't debate this.
Just give your opinions on the LOOKS!!!
It is a subjective matter, so don't treat it like it's not.
And for the record, right on Bulldogg. Looks can't kill.

The F-23 the aircraft which lost to the F-22. However most people say it was by far the better looking of the two aircraft.

f-23-ec94-42454-31.jpg

But was it functional?
What do you mean? It just didnt fill the needs the air force wanted. I think there were some slight problems with the weapon bays but I it was functional.

Rabs said:
What do you mean? It just didnt fill the needs the air force wanted. I think there were some slight problems with the weapon bays but I it was functional.

When the military sets out for a system, electronic, munitions, aircraft, ships, etc. They have a bucket load of specifications. Meeting those specifications determines whether it is functional or not. In most cases the competition is great and the better equipment is bought. I know of one case that was the opposite, it was with a sensor for shipboard use. The equipment chosen was picked only because the contractor was about to go belly up and the gov needed them to stay in business so they could by other equipment already in production from them. The Navy suffered due to that decision.

That was the basis for the question, was it functional? The sensors bought were basically functional, but were not as functional as the equipment that was bought. Less sensitive and fewer capabilities. They were both design to price and would have cost the same in the beginning. Eventually the system that was bought became a budget buster but they were committed. (And the guys that made the decision should have been committed!)

Im not sure theres just something about the F-15 that looks good, but yes in general the russian jets to me are better visually, though the Su-34 isnt great looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back