US plane 'forced to land in Iran'

perseus

A US warplane has been forced to land in Iran after violating Iranian territory, the Iranian semi-official Fars news agency has reported.
It said the Falcon aircraft entered Iranian airspace from Turkey, flying at low altitude to avoid radar.
The report said the group was interrogated and allowed to leave, without saying when the incident happened.

The agency said the plane was detected by Iranian fighter jets, which forced it to land at an undisclosed airport.
Passengers included five senior American generals and three civilians, the report said. The agency said the group was interrogated at the airport and then allowed to leave after it was realised they had entered unintentionally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7657066.stm

Why did they allow them to leave so easily and not blow it up into an incident?
Pentagon now denying it, makes me wonder if there is any credibility in the report.

Last edited:
Yeah if this were real the personnel would not have been released so easily. I think it's something for the Islamic journalists to pick up and play with. There's a lot of Iran empowering going on at the moment.

I don't get Iran and the Fars news agency. Isn't their purpose gaining more trust and credibility in the eyes of the international community? By claiming rediculous things and getting refuted and disproven over and over again they're achieving just the opposite of that. :roll:

Well its not really the news agencies fault I would say, it may have to do with the fact that the Iranian government is highly secretive and rarely lets the public news agencies know critical info unless when it deems necessary. The news agency may have reported what it thought was an American plane due to the lack of info it received from Iranian officials, or their info that it was an American plane may have been purposely leaked to them by an insider with ulterior motives.

Well its not really the news agencies fault I would say, it may have to do with the fact that the Iranian government is highly secretive and rarely lets the public news agencies know critical info unless when it deems necessary. The news agency may have reported what it thought was an American plane due to the lack of info it received from Iranian officials, or their info that it was an American plane may have been purposely leaked to them by an insider with ulterior motives.
Yes, and I'm saying that is hurting Iran's image as perceived by the rest of the world. Obviously we're living in the age of communications. A strong madia can make you or break you.

Maybe it was a honest mistake and that they decided to not turn it into a problematic situation.

When you see that there is no bad intentions, there is no need for more trouble.

Back