US pilots and F-14's

Balkan-MiG

Recent research has shown that, due to little threat, the US navy pilots are getting bored with their new routine ['Theres no USSR anymore, chill the @#$%# out!'].

So, with attack being less likely every day [Sarcasm], F-14 pilots have become a bit lax on certain standards:
[Note, watch at least till halfway]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTHAHGgZzA

LOL. Good find.

At 02:30 I wonder if that guy just did his first solo off a carrier or what? Maybe an air-to-air kill(unlikely, but maybe)...?

LOL. Good find.

At 02:30 I wonder if that guy just did his first solo off a carrier or what? Maybe an air-to-air kill(unlikely, but maybe)...?

I actually found this a couple months ago, and only just decided to add it because i feel my rep went down when i posted the 'Marines new threat' video.

He probably did. He might have intercepted a Tu-95 Bear [Thats becoming routine for those carriers now].

Did you see the PS1 joystick thing when he was refuelling? Hilarious.

You mean where he got hosed down by all that champagne? That's more typical when they've taken their final hop and they're scheduled to retire or discharge out of the military....

Great post - but surely someone got told off, I thought that all US ships were dry???
When I looked at the video again, it looked like they used water fire extinguishers, not chamapgne...so my bad. However, I suspect that some alcohol is carried on board to accommodate flag officers and special events, and they're kept under fairly tight control.

Back