US military.

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
Question: how large is the US military? how much personnel? In terms of women and men. Larger than China's ?
how many (roughly) soldiers stationed overseas and how many at home ?

Impatience can pretty much guarantee that you will not receive an answer. ;)

That being said, I do not know the numbers, but it is much smaller than the ChiCom army (which I also do not have numbers for :lol: , I am going off this piechart I saw awhile ago, great source :lol: ), but we are increasing the size of our Army by 22 new Battalions (more on this later, got to check my facts). We're also pulling a slash and burn on our Finance Corps (rumor is that some new Four-Star didn't get paid for three months after his promotion :lol: , pure scuttle-butt, but it would explain why Finance is going the way of the dodo).

I was kidding, no worries-

I remember the Chinese army should count something like 1 million people. But these are 6-yrs old data .

Military China Top of Page
Military branches:
People's Liberation Army (PLA): comprises ground forces, Navy (including naval infantry and naval aviation), Air Force, and II Artillery Corps (strategic missile force), People's Armed Police Force (internal security troops, nominally a state security body but included by the Chinese as part of the "armed forces" and considered to be an adjunct to the PLA), militia
Military manpower - military age:
18 years of age (2003 est.)
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 375,520,255 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 206 million (2003 est.)
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:
males: 10,973,761 (2003 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure:
$55.91 billion (FY02)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
4.3% (FY02)

Military United States Top of Page
Military branches:
Army, Navy and Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard (Coast Guard administered in peacetime by the Department of Homeland Security but in wartime reports to the Department of the Navy)
Military manpower - military age:
18 years of age (2003 est.)
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 73,597,731 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
NA
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:
males: 2,116,002 (2003 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure:
$276.7 billion (FY99 est.)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
3.2% (FY99 est.)
Military - note:
note: 2002 estimates for military manpower are based on projections that do not take into consideration the results of the 2000 census

Not a chance :evil:

I was reading this article about Falujah, and for every Marine killed there were 10 enemies killed. I don't have the source for that sorry. I realize against a trained army it would be different, but I still have the utmost confidence the US could take on any country in the world (militarily).

Not to rain on anyones parade but most of the marines killed didnt know what hit em because they were very sneaky and on some days more marines were killed then rebels (happened 2 times i think)

Jtf2 said:
Not to rain on anyones parade but most of the marines killed didnt know what hit em because they were very sneaky and on some days more marines were killed then rebels (happened 2 times i think)

Where did you get that information?

Jtf you should document all your info here.

Mine was a joke earlier. I believe US military would more easily overcome a regular trained enemy rather than guerrilla fighting-

Stay on topic, and please do not start a "China vs. USA" thread here now...

Please... :D

Mod edit: Sorry ma'am, but the subject matter is a little bit off-color for some of the potential audience here, but on the subject of funny military sayings, you might want to make a post asking about them in the "Military Humor" section. This thread is more the statistical side of the armed forces.

Today's news say the US is switching forces from South Korea to Iraq?
How large is the US military?
Not enough big enough !
Forces are redeployed, reserves massively deployed and deployments extended

Well see i think your suposed to have 8 times more men(women) in your country then you do out in the world and if you read my previous post i have stats...

Whoa wait we are going to send troops from South Korea to Iraq for sure? I thought that was a last last resort because North Korea is a threat. Hmm I looked this up just yesterday. My brother is in Korea, 2nd Infantry.
Gonna go look this up.
BTW do you have a source?

Radio local news this morning...
They were giving the numbers but did dot caught it...
Look it up but if comfirmed, it shows we are desperate and we will basically let North Korea do whatever it pleases...

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-05/17/content_1474808.htm
http://www.reflector.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/Asia/SKorea_US_Iraq.html;COXnetJSessionID=ApEET8Aqh81yoCReHErpcwQKAENi51o0VsCRrm8OeMNAkgAOr9Qi!1726954203?urac=n&urvf=10848349486630.0028409337441674953
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1109891.htm
http://www.minjok.com/english/index.php3?code=23802

Back