US media are liberal. Some facts.

--

December 30th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Topic: US media are liberal. Some facts.

Giant Scientific Inquiry By UCLA finds out US papers and Tv channels are liberal, really biased. The only newsmedia that are in line with the average american are.... Fox News and the Washington Times. Public Televisions are centrist.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

What are your comments?
December 30th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

It took a study to figure that one out? The media is set up to report the instability of the world; it shouldn't be a surprise that they would be biased.
December 30th, 2005  
localgrizzly

I wasn't aware that this fact was ever in question. The media has been biased to the left for all of my life.

During the war in Vietnam, most American media actively supported Ho and the communists against their own country. Today, most of the media are actively supporting Al Queda, Saddam Hussien and the Palestinians.

So what's new?
--
December 30th, 2005  
5.56X45mm

WOW!

It took UCLA a huge study and a ton of cash to find out that the media is baised. I COULD OF TOLD THEM THAT IN TWO SECONDS!!!!!!! Hell, THEY COULD'VE PAID ME THE SAME AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrgghhhh!
December 30th, 2005  
Ted

I reckon they were looking for actual facts and not your bias. Funny thing is that over here we say FOX and Washington Post is right winged and therefor tainted..... funny business indeed.
December 30th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Ted what do you think of the UCLA study?
December 30th, 2005  
Forrest_Gump

You guys take that back.

The media isn't biased. I know this because they told me so, and reporters would never lie.
December 30th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I reckon they were looking for actual facts and not your bias. Funny thing is that over here we say FOX and Washington Post is right winged and therefor tainted..... funny business indeed.
Whats amusing is how pointless the study is, the fact remains that left/right, liberal/conservative is determined by the initial frame of reference which is just as likely to be as biased as the topic itself.

As an explaination, I look at few people on this board and think that they are fanatical right they look at me and think I am liberal, I look at myself as center right and friends look at me as almost fanatically right. When it comes down to it your location on the Left ---- Right line is determined by the measurers location on that line and has little to do with your own perception.
December 30th, 2005  
phoenix80

watch CNN for 1 hour a day and you need not to read the UCLA report

It s obvious
December 30th, 2005  
Missileer

Funny, if the Right fights and dies for the right to the Freedom of speech, the Left misuses that very right to attack them, after they return from Canada.