US media are liberal. Some facts.

You are right they are the only game in town, that's why they get to do what they do.

Do you notice every time something like this comes out, you see all the left wingers start to yell all kinds of stuff. maybe we are giving their game away.

MontyB said:
That is indeed true however and I dont want to get into a discussion on your interpretive reading qualities but you will notice I replied to a particular post and not the original one hence the use of my viewpoint which oddly enough is about as valid as yours on this topic.
But the post had to do with the original topic, so DTop was right with his first comment.

C'mon you can pretend all you want, but compared to the average American most of the media has a left-wing bias.

MontyB said:
Well thats a new approach "if you dont agree with me you are in denial"
I didn't say everyone was in denial, in fact I said some know there is a left-wing bias and want it to stay that way. Or else they wouldn't get all upset that the study that was released.

Last edited:
Yes I agree with DTop. The media being leftier than average citizen does not mean they sell less. They're the only game in town. They are not elected, hence it is possible that they don't reflect the mainstream opinions. It's the same in Italy. And IMO this also means that our public opinions are smarter than many may believe, since they don't trust the media too much.

Italian Guy said:
Giant Scientific Inquiry By UCLA finds out US papers and Tv channels are liberal, really biased. The only newsmedia that are in line with the average american are.... Fox News and the Washington Times. Public Televisions are centrist.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

What are your comments?
spacer.gif

Haha, i almost fell of my chair laughing when i read "The only newsmedia that are in line with the average american are.... Fox News" :lol:

But then i realiced that it said "in line with the avarage american" which doesnt say that they are unbaised, it just means they think like the avarage american, and im not sure that can be called unbaised heh

AlexKall said:
Haha, i almost fell of my chair laughing when i read "The only newsmedia that are in line with the average american are.... Fox News" :lol:

But then i realiced that it said "in line with the avarage american" which doesnt say that they are unbaised, it just means they think like the avarage american, and im not sure that can be called unbaised heh

Can you name one country that can be called unbiased?

Italian Guy said:
Can you name one country that can be called unbiased?

Wasn't this about news agencys? :drunkb:

Argh, the edit button went boo boo on me!

Anyways if you want a answer to your question regardless what this was about then read below:

I don't think any person on this planet is unbaised, we all have our own values and those are passed out daily to everyone we have around us. But to catagorice Fox as unbaised (not saying they did as it seems they didnt, just that they think like the avarage american) is a joke.

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
Yes I agree with DTop. The media being leftier than average citizen does not mean they sell less. They're the only game in town. They are not elected, hence it is possible that they don't reflect the mainstream opinions. It's the same in Italy. And IMO this also means that our public opinions are smarter than many may believe, since they don't trust the media too much.

So what are you trying to say? That there is a monopoly by leftist journalists? Why, if they don't represent the mainstream, does anybody start another paper or something? We have papers, magazins, tvprograms started on daily basis... Wouldn't that be a money-making machine?

At the other hand; you hear a lot that the media influences the people in the street. So maybe, just maybe, it is you with the deviant opinion and does the press represent the standard in the US.

AlexKall, yes you're right. Nobody is unbiased and that's a good thing.
Ted, no, the media in the US don't represent the point of view of the majority of people. Your question is right: Why aren't more-in-line-with-the-general-feelings-media get started? That's another issue though.
As for what you or I hear on the street, I don't make it a reliable source of information on which to ground my opinions.

So what are you trying to say? That there is a monopoly by leftist journalists? Why, if they don't represent the mainstream, does anybody start another paper or something? We have papers, magazins, tvprograms started on daily basis... Wouldn't that be a money-making machine?

At the other hand; you hear a lot that the media influences the people in the street. So maybe, just maybe, it is you with the deviant opinion and does the press represent the standard in the US.

I dont know ted, but Fox News (that propaganda tool of the right) dominates cable news rateings in the United States. So maybe people do agree with the opinion they present.

Italian Guy said:
AlexKall, yes you're right. Nobody is unbiased and that's a good thing.
Ted, no, the media in the US don't represent the point of view of the majority of people. Your question is right: Why aren't more-in-line-with-the-general-feelings-media get started? That's another issue though.
As for what you or I hear on the street, I don't make it a reliable source of information on which to ground my opinions.

Yeah it is good, would be failry boring if we thought the same and had the same ideas and thoughts.

Back