US Marine training question

rock45

In the picture below doesn't it look like the Marines in the back have they weapons pointed at follow Marines? Is this just for the picture or are they doing something wrong? Thanks
icon12.gif

The picture is from:
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/phot...alleryID=b1746a72-fce6-489c-9afe-50a1413a668b

Attachments

• 34cb575c-5528-470f-9dcf-44536baf3066.Large.jpg
    34cb575c-5528-470f-9dcf-44536baf3066.Large.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 15
They probably have the magazines out and all so they're in no danger of greasing the guy in front of them. Of course in real life with live ammo you'd not want that thing pointed towards your comrades but right now I think they're just thinking about the water, the mud and snakes.

Jungle training

Do all US Marines go through jungle training or only certain units? Never mind snakes I wonder if there's salt water croc's there? I can't imagine doing that in the poring rain carrying a load and at night.

I had to read what you wrote twice I thought you wrote enjoying the water. That water is brown and you can't see **** in it, there could be anything in that water.

The jungle training is important I hope I'm wrong but I think the Philippines one day might be a place where large number troops will be deployed to deal with terrorist insurgents.

Always thought when the US lost it's bases there it hurt the Pacific based forces and commands. I remember reading some place how US forces would rotate in for jungle training.

The Philippines and Indonesia are pretty active.
They found a terrorist training camp in the jungles a few hours away from Surabaya a few years ago. A full blown terrorist training camp. Those guys were fools to have built it in such a dense area. I have a fairly good idea where those guys could set up shop and no one would ever know they were there.
As for USMC specific questions, I can't answer them.

JWTC

jungle warfare training center....

ahh yes, i went thru that course about 4 or 5 years ago. the water/mud feels like soggy peanut butter and its always raining. biggest wildlife threat there was the habu snake pits at every turn. and habu snakes are no joke.

That's Peters Pit at the Northern Training Area in Okinawa Japan, home of 3rd MARDIV'S Bushmaster Course or used to be.

Soldiers should be able to point weapons on fellow soldiers without killing them... of course not intentionally but if necessary.
We train recruits to avoid pointing their rifle anywhere near trouble to avoid accidents but after some time a soldier should be able to handle his weapon...
Sometimes i get sick when trained soldiers aren't allowed to move in any direction on a shooting range because of "safety". In combat they have to move some times...

Yep but if one fool ventilates a comrade at the firing range, it's the end of one life and a lot of careers.

Back