US light machine guns

I was tought how to do the reloading of the C-9 on the move, by clipping another belt on to the last little bit thats already in the gun. I must say that its hard to do and I suck at it.lol. I'll get it one day.

I've seen sites and video of MG3's and M240's firing several thousand rounds in a single burst with no damage to the barrel. If I can locate those links, I'll post them.

A much heavier weapon though.
The minimi/SAW/M249/F89 is not a "machine gun" in the conventional old fashioned sense. You don't look to create a beaten zone with it. It is point weapon so two to three round bursts are all that are needed.

Might I just point out the M60 isn't a LMG but a MMG/MPMG.

US Machineguns:

M1918 BAR 30.06 cal
Stoner 63(A) 5.56mm
M60 7.62mm
M60E3 7.62mm
M249 5.56mm
M240 7.62mm
Mk.48 7.62mm

Just a few off the top of my mind.......

In my company SAW stands for "S*$! aint workin", M240s are extremely reliable however.

AMEN!!!!!!!!
I'm a backup armorer at my company (companies only have backups... real armorers are at battallion only... and my MOS is NBC) and those M249s (we call them K-3s) are a b1tch. We have like 4 out of 18 that actually are 100% fit to go. And because we're on some damn island the maintenance support we get to get them back into shape just isn't here. They break down faster than we can fix them.

Back