US-Iranian Logistics Agreement for Afghan Theater?

bropous

I tend to look at DEBKAFile a good bit, kind of an Israeli "raw intel" website. I don't think they post any classifiedi nfo, but htey do seem to pick up on issues a lot of other sources miss.

I saw a couple of items yesterday on their site that say that the new administration is trying to negotiate the use of IRANIAN, yup, that's right, IRANIAN ports to ship men and materiel through to Afghanistan since the Pakistani corridors have been effectively interdicted by Taliban/Al-Qaeda-aligned elements in the Pakistani tribal areas.

Of course, there is very little I think the new administration can get right, I'll say that right off the bat. But their glaring naivete when it comes to the enemies of the US just astounds me on a consistent basis. The previous administration certainly made its missteps, but at least I trusted those folks to get it right on matters of geopolitics and National Security.

The articles I am referring to are at: http://www.debka.com/

Check the articles entitled "Talks on Iranian corridor for US troops, supplies to Afghanistan on fast track" and "Washington to cut Iran in on Nabucco pipeline". This may just be chatter, but I have seen a disturbing tendency in the current administration to downplay legitimate threat to US and allied interests in the Middle Eastern Theater of Operations while undermining relationships with established allies.

I'm sure with the current administration it bound to happen next will F-16 parts for Venezuela. So the road is real if it would ever happen who knows. Talking about waiting to get sucked punched.
icon13.gif

It's a pretty good site I use it for news and for ideas to do other searches.
icon12.gif

PS: India help Iran to build parts of the road.

I tend to look at DEBKAFile a good bit, kind of an Israeli "raw intel" website. I don't think they post any classifiedi nfo, but htey do seem to pick up on issues a lot of other sources miss.

I saw a couple of items yesterday on their site that say that the new administration is trying to negotiate the use of IRANIAN, yup, that's right, IRANIAN ports to ship men and materiel through to Afghanistan since the Pakistani corridors have been effectively interdicted by Taliban/Al-Qaeda-aligned elements in the Pakistani tribal areas.

Of course, there is very little I think the new administration can get right, I'll say that right off the bat. But their glaring naivete when it comes to the enemies of the US just astounds me on a consistent basis. The previous administration certainly made its missteps, but at least I trusted those folks to get it right on matters of geopolitics and National Security.

The articles I am referring to are at: http://www.debka.com/

Check the articles entitled "Talks on Iranian corridor for US troops, supplies to Afghanistan on fast track" and "Washington to cut Iran in on Nabucco pipeline". This may just be chatter, but I have seen a disturbing tendency in the current administration to downplay legitimate threat to US and allied interests in the Middle Eastern Theater of Operations while undermining relationships with established allies.
Quite rankly, if the United States wants to "win" the GWOT, it will need all the help it can get. Until Iran makes an active aggressive move towards us, I think it's a good idea...

What alliances have we "undermined"?

Quite rankly, if the United States wants to "win" the GWOT, it will need all the help it can get. Until Iran makes an active aggressive move towards us, I think it's a good idea...

What alliances have we "undermined"?

The same Iran that funds Islamic Terror groups? Gives aid and safe haven to same?

Israel comes to mind.

It's a deal with the devil

Israel is CERTAINLY not innocent in that little feud. Quite honestly, I think it's about time the US looked at the situation from neutral perspective.

Like I said, we need help from somewhere...

So in your opinion we turn our back on an alliance that we have had for years in order to court an enemy who's stated that they are our enemy for years...........................Whatever.

I've always been weary of our alliance with Israel... Only because the United States seems to think Israel is a Golden Boy that can do no wrong...

Rob, you and I will agree on some things, disagree on others. On the Israeli issue and Iran, you and I will definitely be at loggerheads.

Iran is THE NEXUS of international terrorism. Asking Iran for ANY aid in fighting Islamist terrorist groups is like asking Hitler to fight rabid anti-Semitism. Israel is our most important ally in the MidEast, the pro-Arabists and "pragmatists" [Brzinkzki, Baker, Scowcroft et al] notwithstanding. They are under direct assault from Iran. Obama has been kissing the filthy rear ends of the murderers in Teheran even since before his inauguration, and each time he reaches out to our biggest enemy in the MidEast, he insults and undermines the alliance with our biggest ally in the MidEast, Israel.

He has also infuriated our ally, Pakistan, by reaching out to the Iranian mullahs. Why do I say that? Iran is DIRECTLY tied to the Taliban and al-Qaeda [yes, I said it, you BET they are in it up to their noses], and Revolutionary Guards cells have been active in Baluchistan and Waziristan seeking to undermine the Pakistani government with the same gusto they have been seeking to undermine the Iraqi government. Iran seeks an Islamist revolution throughout the MidEast, from Hizbollah in Lebanon to Hamas in Gaza to al-Qaeda and Taliban in Afghnistan and Pakistan. It is also working VERY hard with Hugo Chavez and Castro to undermine US allies in South and Central America [Colombia for example].

The simple fact is: Liberals/Leftists are incredibly naive about true enemies of the United States [look at how they scoffed at the threats posed by the Soviet Union, the ChiComs, the Cubans, the Iranians, even the avowed terrorists caught red-handed murdering women and children, how they screech and holler that a terrorist has panties put on their heads]. Furthermore, there is a LARGE contingency of out-and-out America-hating Leftists in Obama's cabinet and administration postings [Rosa Brooks as advisor to DoD #3, for example], as well in his personal life and among lifelong acquaintances [Jeremiah Wright, Bernadine Dorne, William Ayers,
etc.].

Obama has undermined our alliances with NATO as well. Turkey demanded that the Danish general chosen to lead NATO be removed because a Danish newspaper printed cartoons critical of Mohammed, and Obama took the position that Turkey's criticism xenophobia be catered to, and that the EU should allow Turkey to join their membership.

Day after day, Obama and his flying monkeys have attacked our allies and have sucked up to our enemies. This is what makes this DEBKA story pretty darned believable.

"We need help from somewhere...". That's like saying you will ask the arsonist to help put out the fire in your house that he started, Rob, and trust him to deliver the fire hoses and firemen in his own car.

I, for one, am NOT weary of our alliance with Israel, and find them not the Golden Boy, but the Golden Boy whose feet have been sealed in concrete before the foot race by those who claim to be his best friends. :crybaby:

Finally, to your point: "Until Iran makes an active aggressive move towards us, I think it's a good idea..." Gee, what part of Iranian IEDs and Revolutionary Guards busted red-handed killing American GIs and Coalition allies in Iraq is not definied as "active aggressive moves"?

Last edited:
I ask you one simple question.... How much has Israel done to help us in the GWOT?

How much have they done compared to GB, or Australia? Last I checked, it wasn't a whole lot.

"How much has Israel done to help us in the GWOT?"

My answer: A lot more than is apparent at first blush. Israel has been forced to keep a lot of its activities under the radar, but she has not been idle. Great Britain and Australia, as well as tiny but important allies like Lithuania, Estonia and Georgia, also have been tremendously helpful, but let us look at Israel's clandestine, and not-so-clandestine if you know how to read between the lines, assistance to the United States and the Coalition of the Willing in the Global War on (Islamist) Terror:

Intel, Rob, Intel. Logistics, surveillance, communications assistance, front-line contact with Hizbollah (exposing sources, methods, tactics and strategies of extensive Iranian-backed terror networks), working with other allies (including Arab allies such as Egypt), training and supplying our ally Turkey, training in counter-terrorism, interdiction of terrorist logistics and communications networks, and conducting myriad operations in support of US military and intelligence networks. Medical training and support, even of our allies who are not openly friendly with them (again, Egypt, as well as Jordan). Taking the pressure off the Iraqi Theater of Operations by engaging Hizbollah and Palestinian terror groups, preventing the free transit of Palestinian terrorists to al-Qaeda training camps, sharing lessons learned in decades of counterterrorist and counterinsurgency operations, on and on and on.

They are also hosting our X-Band ABM radar, interdicting sea lanes used by Hizbollah (a DIRECT arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards) as well as al-Qaeda elements, held Syria at bay in Lebanon, and kept the strategic focus of Syria focused to their west and southwest, instead of directly east. As a result, Assad's hands have been tied, frightened of a two-front war if he got too adventurous in Iraq. They have been involved in intelligence gathering and sharing all across the Mahgreb and the Horn of Africa, the Red and Arabian Seas and Persian Gulf. "Dolphin", say no more...

And yes, unfortunately, Israel has NOT been allowed to field units in support of our combat ops, neither in Iraq nor in Afghanistan, because of the irrational hatred that the Arabs and radical Islamists without a true dog in the fight) have towards them. Had they been allowed to work with us in the open, you can bet they would have sent a brigade to Iraq or Afghanistan, or a squadron or two of co-in aircraft or combat helicopters, and been incredibly effective in their role.

President Bush said straight out that a LOT of the activity in the GWoT would not be in the public eye, and the involvement of our greatest ally in the MidEast, Israel, has been a good part of that. Frankly, I would think that Israel's role in the GWoIT would have needed no reiteration considering the training and backgrounds of many of the current forum's audience...;)

Hoping not to violate forum rules by a double post, but:

There is NO justificaiton whatsoever to view Israel and the Islamist Republic of Iran with "a neutral eye". Israel is our steadfast ally, Iran is our sworn enemy that has murdered a lot of US troops in the GWoIT as well as US citizens through their Revolutionary Guards "Community Organizers", i.e., TERRORISTS.

Israel is a free nation of free people fighting for its survival against brutal fascistic terrorist thugs.

Iran is a government of brutal fascistic terrorist thugs with a population yearning to live free.

Seems a pretty stark difference, and an easy choice.:read:

Back