US invloment in Iraq

Big Z, When you say the real enemy is east of Afganistan, do you refer to Pakistan or China. Since China is off limits let us deal with Pakistan. Pakistan's new government should deal with the region's habouring Al Quaida and Taliban insurgents. And if they do not, it is time for NATO to go in there and clean it out once and for all. Would Paskistan scream bloody murder? You bet they would. And who cares. But of course NATO members can't agree on anything and an operation of this magnatude would require on agreement across the board.

The question remains though "what are your options" if the governments of these respective countries cannot and will not get their act together because its easier to have all the power and someone to do your dirty work then what do you do?

Seems you have two choices:
1) Cut your losses and run which in the long term I think is a bad idea.
2) Stay there for ever and a day.

Either way its a no win situation.

My personal belief is that the best option is a realistic but non-negotiable public timetable because I am certain that Karzai and co will start getting interested in making things work once they know the day their lifeline will be departing.

Maybe there is a third choice. As you state, give these countries a timetable. We give them 6 years to get it together and 6 years is not a great amount of time. But if everyone moves quickly and earnestly toward the creation of excellent standing armies and airforces. Also, the creation of police forces and though I hate to say it an intelligence agency which should be linked up with the best of the Western Agencies. Then let their people grow the poppies which give them the best crops. Changing their crops to other comodities such as coffee, cotton and whatever will ony exacerpate the general povery of the country. Let us buy the opium harvest. We can use what we need to make analgysics and burn the rest. From what Ivé read a profit will still be got. Just, not a great profit. This option brings the opium producers on board. With them on board, the Talaban and Al'quaida have no chance whatsoever.

Last edited:
what a mess... let's talk about Iran

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I will try to give you my opinion on the problem. Let's go for a ride.

First, I have to say that i'm a simple man, and that I love simple things. I deeply think that a man is sure to lose himself as he starts to think on a scale bigger than him. Or when he wants to act smart and jumps a step or two.

I also believe in good actions and bad actions.

fact: the Middle-East is a mess...
Can someone please tell me why? my answer is that very bad actions have been done there.

I dont believe in evil countries or even evil people. why Iran is such a bad country? why the people there hate us so much?

I know that the US supported the Shah in the past, that he was a murderer and a terrible dictator. why such a thing happened? for oil. for money. the US supported a terrible man for money. and now, the proud people of Iran hate the US because of that.

I'm sorry to say that they are right to be angry at the US. but what have we done to fix that? we did nothing, the US did nothing... but worse, they supported Saddam in its war against Iran.

if the proud people in the US were really keeping an eye on the people who act in their name (government) they would have supported them (iranians) in their fight for freedom, and we would have a friendly Iran today.

and we did the mistake twice. after the 9/11 (this terrible day) attacks. the coalition (the US and some friends) attacked Afghanistan and Irak.

are you aware, that at that time, the coalition was attacking two BIG ennemies of Iran? the Talibans (sunnite extremists) and Saddam Hussein (no need to explain how he was an enemy of Iran)...

I was (naively) waiting for a sign... of friendship... between Iran and the US. an opening, a move... anything...
it was the perfect occasion to turn Iran into a friend and an ally.

Irak is a very important Chiite country. Iran too. you cant ask them to not be connected. they are like twin brothers. it's like asking a catholic country to forget about the Vatican.

you want to control Irak? you need Iran's support. that's my point.

the Irak campaing could have been so much easier if Iran was in the coalition to secure Irak.
rather than send agents to teach the militias how to attack US troops... they will be sending agents to support US troops. and the intelligence too... they know Irak quite well.

anyway...

I know that many of you will ask me "are you nuts? we dont want to see Iran and Irak together."

my answer to this question is "sorry sir! but they were together since the beginning. and you dont have the right to take this decision for them. it would be wrong."

and I also want to add another reason behind the poor decisions behing this mess... Saudi Arabia...
this country is a root of evil. if we forget some political issues, the Talibans are just like Saudi Arabia. they have no human rights there... it's a land of corruption, and I'm sick and tired to see the US so close of Saudi Arabia.

at the second you put money and human lives on the same balance... I call that corruption.

the US should cease any contact with Saudi Arabia, and push them to respect human rights.

my point is to get closer to Iran, and to forget about Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Back