US 'hate' soldier to be executed - Page 2

--

May 31st, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

People here at the 101st have no problem with this guy being put to death. The local papers as well as the Ft Campbell papers said justice has been served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
not only is why was he in the military, but how did he make sargeant?
It is not that hard to make Sergeant anymore. It seems the Army is afraid to weed out those who are not worthy of being an NCO. There are more than a few people at my unit who believe that a soldier should go thru a psyc evaluation before being an NCO. I have to tell you there be some people who abuse power like a if you know what I mean
June 1st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I still think a firing squad is more appropriate for military executions.
A firing squad is a way to execute enemy personnel who need to be executed but not stripped of their honor.
This guy is not good enough to be given the right to die by a bullet.
June 1st, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I still think a firing squad is more appropriate for military executions.
A firing squad is a way to execute enemy personnel who need to be executed but not stripped of their honor.
This guy is not good enough to be given the right to die by a bullet.
You're right. I think Pvt. Slovik was the last soldier executed by firing squad after the Korean war and he was a scapegoat.
--
June 13th, 2005  
MI Blues

Topic: 101st?

Doody, you're at Campbell? I'd like to buy you a cup of coffee sometime then...
June 13th, 2005  
RedLT

not only do we need to watch are backs from the sand suckers we need to watch are backs from are own men? blasmeh!
June 13th, 2005  
Damien435

Topic: Re: US 'hate' soldier to be executed

Quote:
A defence psychiatrist had testified that although Akbar was legally sane and understood the consequences of his attack, he suffered from forms of paranoia and schizophrenia.
Of course he is nuts. Anybody who would do a thing like this has a few screws loose, that does not mean he should get to live the rest of his life in a minimum secutiry psych ward. Maybe just solitary for life.
June 16th, 2005  
bulldogg

With a constant lowering of standards and a zero defect approach to things it is really NOT a surprise that someone like this was in uniform and an NCO. When you don't hold people to standards and you are more concerned with just keeping warm bodies in uniform this is what you are going to get. The law of averages. Back in the late 80's early 90's there was a problem of gangbangers getting into uniform and actual gangs functioning in the armed forces. Why would the presence of an american hating psychopath be such a surprise?