US govt shut down for 4 days now due to snow?

wolfen

OK somebody PLEASE explain to me why when the govt is open it costs me money, but when they close for 4 days it costs me so many million a day because they are not there?
How in the name of God can those idiots be costing me money when they aren't even doing anything?

Yea it pissed em off when I heard that on the news.

Most people get paid even if their offices close due to bad weather.
This also includes government workers.

You can hate the government, but you still have to be fair about it.

OK I can buy that, but why does it cost em MORE in tax money if they are off due to snow than when they are there? to me it seems like when their there they are wasting my money, and when their not there their wasting my money even more.

Because all the hard work they never do has to pay off sometime right?
The day I see a "snow day" in my job is the day my faith in humanity will be restored. I don't see that happening anytime soon either. So I guess i'm just trying to say that they earned the right to be paid more when they have snow days for all the extra supplies they needed to buy -_-

Has anyone noticed a huge difference in things getting done whether our feds are "working" or not?

Has anyone noticed a huge difference in things getting done whether our feds are "working" or not?

Yes, Congress is not in session spending my money and coming up wiuth new bills to restrict my rights, strip me of my freedoms, or sell my sovereignty to the Chi-Coms.

Because all the hard work they never do has to pay off sometime right?
The day I see a "snow day" in my job is the day my faith in humanity will be restored. I don't see that happening anytime soon either. So I guess i'm just trying to say that they earned the right to be paid more when they have snow days for all the extra supplies they needed to buy -_-

They earned the right to do what? When they are there they strip away more of your constitutional rights each day, enact new taxes each time they wipe their butts, and waste more money in one day than my 16 year old can in his whole life.
When their not there they plane what right we can lose next.

I pay them for that?
gee........kinda make me look forward to being overthrown but the day the Tea Party people really organize and over throw the govt.

I agree that many things that happen or not happen regarding the federal government in the US can be frustrating but it can get much worse.
Typically groups like the Tea Party tend to capitalize on people's concerns and frustrations with no real clear strategy of their own. They are destructive. They will attack one group and when that's beaten to death, move onto the next. Not necessarily because they are "evil" but that is the only way they as a group know how to survive.

Bad part is eth tea party movement is supposed to be a grass roots constitution movement that wants this country to go back to the way things were before the govt got corrupt.

It's not just the government that's corrupt.
It's a reflection of society as a whole.
It's not just American society either but I think the moment lawyers became the power holders in America, things went completely sideways.

Back