US gives up search for Iraq WMD

SwordFish_13

Hi,

US gives up search for Iraq WMD

Intelligence officials have confirmed the US has stopped searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

They say the chief US investigator, Charles Duelfer, is not planning to return to the country.

Mr Duelfer reported last year that Iraq had no stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons at the time of the US-led invasion nearly two years ago.

The existence of WMD had been the stated reason in Washington and London for going to war with Iraq.

Mr Duelfer said when he released his interim report in October that former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had still had the desire to restart WMD programmes, when he could.

He will make a few adjustments to his report, but when the final version is published in a few weeks, he will close the book on the hunt, says the BBC's Nick Childs in Washington.

Officials are still sifting through a mountain of documents and if they produce any leads, they say, they will be followed, but there is no expectation that the hunt will be revived.

The Iraq Survey Group, which was responsible for the search, goes on, but its focus now is trying to help counter the Iraqi insurgency.

Source

Peace
-=SF-13=-

The objectives for this war have shifted too many times. If this persists, surely the population of America or the world will start scratching their heads. And unfortunetly if it does continue on like this, it will be in the record to become one of the many greatest blunders in history.

Halting on the search for WMD is very shocking and tells me that the decision reflects on the lack of effort of trying to provide the initial explanations or trying to achieve the main goal. If the US fails to continue to search, then there will be major assumptions such as: There is no WMD. It is a hoax.

Comments? Suggestions? Objections?

Hi Cabal,

Halting on the search for WMD is very shocking and tells me the decision reflects of the lack

Yes Cable but How Long Should this Search go on.................UN wepons Inspector Hanx Blix said Iraq has No WMD"s .......................Now US Wepons Inspector Charles Duelfer, Reported that there are no WMD"s

So ther is no base to Look for them Any Furthur.................it had to Stop at some point ................it would be very Childish to Act like a Stubbon Child and Appoint a New Investagating Officer and tell him to Search again .............and Again .

And to My openion on "why Did USA Decided to go to War with Iraq" .........read My Post -----> Here Disclaimer: That post contains *alot* of sarcasm. :D

(Clcik on the Link Please)

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Well certainly, there is always a truth behind this crisis and I feel that Washington is saving face from the public opinion. I was afraid this would happen. This war was probably intended to place a US-supported government in the Middle East. However, lets not get too deep into that subject. It is merely my speculation.

Back