US dollar symbology

Corocotta

I was quite surprised the other day when I read in a book that the US currency had a pyramid with the "All seeing eye" above it. Many people in this forum is from the US, so they probably have noticed this before. I know that this is the symbol of the free masonery, and surfing in the web I founded that some founding fathers were Masons including George Washington, Ben Franklin, and possibly Thomas Jefferson.

All_Seeing_Eye_Large.jpg

Franklin and Jefferson were on the committee assigned to design the great seal. This group produced a design calling for, among other things, an all-seeing eye. While the eye was cool, the design otherwise was pretty feeble, and the job wound up getting dumped on the secretary of the Congress, Charles Thomson. Thomson enlisted the aid of Philadelphian William Barton. The two cooked up the scheme we have today, incorporating the all-seeing eye plus a pyramid, because everybody liked the idea of Egyptian symbolism.

Do some of you know more about this?? I would love to hear your ideas!!

Masons adopted a lot of Eastern symbology right down to the fez. I'm not one but they hold any person who is one in the highest esteem, almost infallable. Sort of a strange society but they are very good at raising money for charitable organizations.

Cadet chief, I would like to hear the relation btw the number 13 and the 1 dollar bill.

Missiler, you are right, many people could get into this "secret societies". i do not know the roll they have today, but in the past they were responsible for great historic events such as the "Frech Revolution".

Looking more carefully the pic above I saw that the phrase "novum ordum seculorum" is wroten below the pyramid. Is this expression familiar to somebody? it sounds like new secular order to me....Any ideas out there???

"A new order of the ages"

NOTE: "Novus ordo seclorum" was not intended to mean (nor does it correctly translate into) "new world order." Seclorum is plural (new worlds order?). And Thomson said the motto refers to the new American era beginning in 1776. Also, "new world order" is originally an English phrase whose Latin translation would not be "novus ordo seclorum."

The Latin motto "novus ordo seclorum" was suggested by Charles Thomson when he put together the final design for the reverse side of the Great Seal in June 1782:

Well on the pyramid it has 13 steps on it. The eagle clenches 13 arrows, there are 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 stripes on the shield, 13 stars above the eagles head.

As I remember from my school days we were taught that the great seal's meaning was the following:

The larger pyramid represents the old world and the second smaller pyramid is both the eye of God and the second age of man. The date at the bottom in Roman numerals reads 1776. The date the new age of free men started.

Was it from free masons? Well that's clearly the inspiration. That was many of the founding fathers' backgrounds. It was meant so as both the idea I was taught in school, and something that the men of that era would have been familiar with as a sign of belonging to a good society.

If my Latin is still working "Novum ordum seculorum" means something like the new order of the centuries....I do not know if it makes much sense tough.

I have been doing a research in the web concerning the "All seeing eye" and i founded some interesting info. For God´s sake, conspiracy theories appears all time!! :lol:

The top of the Great Seal pyramid shows an eye-in-triangle, which has been associated with Sirius, the Eye of God, the pineal gland, and the Illuminati. Not only was the Egyptian calendar based on the rising of Sirius, but that the Sun is astrologically conjunct Sirius every year on July 4, for the birthday of the United States of America. Also, some Mayan groups froze their New Year to July 26, when Sirius rises in that part of the world. On January 1 at midnight, Sirius culminates, reaching its highest point in the sky, at the only time of year when it is visible all night long.

In 1934, Secretary of Agriculture, soon-to-be Vice-President (1940-44) and 32nd degree freemason Henry Wallace submitted a proposal to the president to mint a coin depicting the seal's obverse and reverse. President Franklin D Roosevelt, also a 32nd degree freemason, liked the idea but opted to instead place it on the dollar bill. According to Henry Wallace, in a letter dated February 6, 1951, “the Latin phrase Novus Ordo Seclorum impressed me as meaning the 'New Deal' of the Ages.”

Here comes the most interesting part:

I have always seen list's of famous Masons. To just look at the name means very little. When you date and place those names in the proper time line and placement of power you begin to see the deception and vastness of this power elite. What will shock you even more is to learn who the powers are behind the Freemasons. Notice the death's of non Masonic presidents or those who lost favor, and the shuffling of the vice presidents to get them in the position of takeover before the presidents were killed or removed. Note also the number of presidential running mates who lost the race for presidency were Masons also. A win win situation regardless of the outcome of the election. The Mason's have controlled this country from the beginning. Another interesting fact to consider is that of the 37 Presidents of the United States before Jimmy Carter, at least 18 or 21 (depending on which source you believe) were close relatives. That comes to somewhere between 48.6 percent and 56.7 percent-far to much to be coincidence, as any conspiritologist (or mathematician) would tell you. Of the 224 ancestors in the family tree of 21 Presidents, we find 13 Roosevelt's, 16 Coolidge's, and 14 Tyler's. Another source manages to relate 60 percent of the Presidents and link most of them to the super-rich Astor family. This data does not include genealogies of the five most recent President. Psychologist G. William Domhoff claims that a large part of America's Ruling elite, just like that of Europe, are related by marriage

United States Presidents Who Were and Are Freemasons

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/uspresidentasmasons.htm

Corocotta said:
behemoth79 said:
haha the illuminati. Dan Brown really gets peoples' conspiracy theory juices flowing doesnt he?

Well, I do not know if they exist today, but they did.

ya they died out a long time ago. i dont think people these days are wise enough to even compare to those during the times of galileo and the illuminati. Seeing the character of the people that were part of the illuminati, i believe they would rather go out as a legendary group than let today's people in.

behemoth79 said:
Corocotta said:
behemoth79 said:
haha the illuminati. Dan Brown really gets peoples' conspiracy theory juices flowing doesnt he?

ya they died out a long time ago. i dont think people these days are wise enough to even compare to those during the times of galileo and the illuminati. Seeing the character of the people that were part of the illuminati, i believe they would rather go out as a legendary group than let today's people in.

Yes, I totally agree with you. Illuminati means enlightened, and watching the mediocrity that sorround us I do not know from where this secret sociaty will get their new members.....unless they are as mediocre as the vast majority! :D

behemoth79 said:
Corocotta said:
behemoth79 said:

Yes, I totally agree with you. Illuminati means enlightened, and watching the mediocrity that sorround us I do not know from where this secret sociaty will get their new members.....unless they are as mediocre as the vast majority! :D

Back