US destoyed Kursk? - Page 3

--

September 26th, 2005  
sunb!

The Kursk accident is becoming a myth of the modern time. I remember the day when Kursk sank, I was working outside the Aviation Museum when two or three F-16s on 5 mn quick reaction performed a fast take off from BodÝ AFB and went straight on interception course with live ordonance.

I remember I thought "Well that's no exercise". One hour later it was on the news Norwegian fighters intercepting Russian fighter airplanes in the North West costal waters of Norway. The official Russian explanation was that they were hunting down a damaged submarine being tracked from the Kursk site - two days later a damaged Allied submarine shows up in the docks at a Naval Port in Norway - intelsat pictures distributed on just about every major TV channel in Norway, the least.

Of course this was subject of denial.

I am sure both sides really knows what did happen, but admitting the fact is beyond ordinary political agenda.
September 26th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunblock
The Kursk accident is becoming a myth of the modern time. I remember the day when Kursk sank, I was working outside the Aviation Museum when two or three F-16s on 5 mn quick reaction performed a fast take off from BodÝ AFB and went straight on interception course with live ordonance.

I remember I thought "Well that's no exercise". One hour later it was on the news Norwegian fighters intercepting Russian fighter airplanes in the North West costal waters of Norway. The official Russian explanation was that they were hunting down a damaged submarine being tracked from the Kursk site - two days later a damaged Allied submarine shows up in the docks at a Naval Port in Norway - intelsat pictures distributed on just about every major TV channel in Norway, the least.

Of course this was subject of denial.

I am sure both sides really knows what did happen, but admitting the fact is beyond ordinary political agenda.
Oh really? I didn't know that, extremely interesting. So you live as far north as Bodo?
September 26th, 2005  
sunb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Oh really? I didn't know that, extremely interesting. So you live as far north as Bodo?
I spent a few years in BodÝ - after the dark period at CRC Viper but that is another story. I'll dig into the Kursk coverage for this thread and post if it is of public interest.

The Russian gouvernment did identify two US subs in the area; Toledo and Memphis, which one of them by sonar activity registered two explotions onboard the Kursk. Whats more a Norwegian Orion plane registered two explotions on a routine patrol in the Barents Sea where they immediately dropped sonars.

Another fact is that the Norwegian Geological Center recorded the explosions with their seismographs - 1700 kilometers away.
--
September 26th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Topic: ??

I'm getting the drift that US subs and the Kursk engaged in a conflict (was the Kursk spying on Nato installations in Norway?) and the Kursk was sunk. The "explosions onboard" that you mentioned would be caused by torpedoes strikes? I need to do some more research on this.
September 26th, 2005  
sunb!

Topic: Re: ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
I'm getting the drift that US subs and the Kursk engaged in a conflict (was the Kursk spying on Nato installations in Norway?) and the Kursk was sunk. The "explosions onboard" that you mentioned would be caused by torpedoes strikes? I need to do some more research on this.
Kursk was part of a major naval exercise where several large vessels from the Russian Navy participated.

Read more about the explotions http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/884027.stm.

Edit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1172398.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/902899.stm
September 26th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Ok I got it now, so what's your theory?
September 26th, 2005  
sunb!

I believe the Kursk was sunk either by an accident in the torpedo room or by bad maintainance in general.

On the other hand.....
September 26th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunb!
I believe the Kursk was sunk either by an accident in the torpedo room or by bad maintainance in general.

On the other hand.....
Nothing to do with an American or British torpedo then?
September 26th, 2005  
worthy

A review of the documentary...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/review...982068603.html

September 26th, 2005  
Missileer

I don't see how a ram that catastrophic to one sub didn't take both down.