Votes: 10 37.0%
  • no

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • maybe

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • don't care

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Now I have just been around a huge tank museum at Bovington in Dorest, where they have nearly every tank that has been made. Nearly all the tanks are kept in working order and during the summer they bring some them out and race them around a track, you can watch them climb small hills and fire their guns. Now whats wrong in combing this along with other military arms to give a first class display in the States. There was a large number of people that found all this very fascinating to see all the old tanks doing there stuff.

When I was in grade school I went to an Armed Forces display at Ft. Leavenworth. One of the vehicles we were allowed to be in was a half-track. I sat in the drivers seat and did like every other kid that did. I started flipping switches and pretending to drive. One of the switches I flipped was the master switch. The motor came on and I had green on me faster than $#!t has stink on it! I don't think the Theme Park would be a revenue maker, it would be a big money pit for the government and would detract from the defense budget.

If you really want to experience the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines, sign on the dotted line and get the real thing!

good thing the Army shot down that idea. i go school in fairfax, traffic is bad enough as it is. and the military and a theme park just kind of rubs me the wrong way. I agree with Senior Chief, you want the military experience, go find your local recruiter.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Beg pardon, sir...They dont have them in the Army.

In the army there is no equivalent to a Senior Chief, you would have to be an E-12 to match the typical Navy Senior Chief and the army stops at
E-9.

OK, now Im all confused...I thought you addressed all senior-ranking members of the Armed Forces as sir...Apparently Ive got a lot to learn...So I call you Senior Chief? But I call T.I. sir?

C/1Lt Henderson said:
OK, now Im all confused...I thought you addressed all senior-ranking members of the Armed Forces as sir...Apparently Ive got a lot to learn...So I call you Senior Chief? But I call T.I. sir?

Correct.

The Senior Chief is enlisted. That is why you call him Senior Chief.

I am an officer... that is why you call me Sir.

Uhh, guys, the Army isn't paying for this, it's a private company that just wants to build a theme park with a military THEME and is asking for the Army's blessings and cooperation in doing so, the Army spent $7million on Full Spectrum Warrior afterall.

AussieNick said:
He works for his living, isn't that right.

When I was younger I worked for a living. As a Senior Chief my work consisted of managing the work to be accomplished. I would participate at every level (other than the cleaning the heads and similar stuff, but I did my share of that as a younger sailor).

Now days I am driving a computer to program industrial electrical controls. For the first time in my life I'm getting paid more than I would be if full time active duty. God is good, he takes care of little kids and idiots....I'm no kid anymore other than in my mind!

Back