US ARMY number of active divisions? - Page 2

--

August 25th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Sorry, misunderstood you, thought you meant It was active military, as In year round.
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

There's more than one million active duty Army Personnel, the amount that serves in combat positions need to be increased. The entire size of active duty and reserve combat personnel needs to be increased.
September 1st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Thats why were changing the makeup of divisions. I don't know if anyone noticed, but a 4th Brigade of the 101st was activated recently.
--
September 1st, 2004  
gladius

I read somewhere that the Pentagon's plan was to use less soldiers per division by using computer coordination and more artilery. But I don't know if they're going to do that anymore since they cancelled the crusader artilery system.
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

well a division should work as follows from the platoon up:

3 Platoons per company=120 men
4 companies per battalion= 480 men
3 battalions per regiment= 1,440 men
2 regiments per brigade= 2,880 men
4 brigades per division= 11,520 men
+ Headquarters Battalion =12,000 men
but apparently the organizationf of the army has been fed up for awhile. So it will probably take my administration to really organize the army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Thats why were changing the makeup of divisions. I don't know if anyone noticed, but a 4th Brigade of the 101st was activated recently.
Yes that is coorect it is a reserve brigade designed to relieve one of the brigades in the field, such as the fighting that is going on in this stupid policing action.
September 1st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yes that is coorect it is a reserve brigade designed to relieve one of the brigades in the field, such as the fighting that is going on in this stupid policing action.

Im sure the guys on the ground wouldn't like you calling their sacrifice a "stupid police action".

Go whine at Moveon.org
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

I've lost two friends to this Stpuid Police action, it is not a war, congress did not declare and the whole of the Armed Forces were not mobilized.

I don't need anyone telling me what it is, because I've lost something because of it.
September 1st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Im sorry for your lose, but do not under any pretense call it a "police action" We are fighting against an Apocolyptic enemy, and damnit I think every sane member of this forum would agree that this enemy has declared war on us. Now you can either critizize this action and watch our world drive itself into the shithole, or you can support our men and women in our quest to overcome our enemy. Im choosing the ladder. Let It be know I did not start this topic off course, you did.
September 1st, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

I support our men and women who fight for their country, but I do not support the action taken by our president in IRAQ, for the reasons he stated when he informed the nation of his intentions to go to war.

Afganistan is a totall different matter.
September 1st, 2004  
Redleg

Sorry to hear about your loss, but this is not the topic in theis thread.

Feel free to start a new one about it.

thanks.