US army enlistment

hey tommy, im south african as well and looking to serve. obviously not here. our services have gone to ****! at the moment, the best option for me is to join the British Army, but if there is a way for me to join the US Army I'll do it! have you had any luck bud?

Hey all,

I can't believe its such a long process after reading the_13th_rednecks post.. It almost sounds like there is slim to none chance at getting one. Im currently in the Australian Army and looking at moving to the US to gain my Green card so I can enlist aswell.. but if I have to have a five year army break to work as a civi just to gain my Green card to enlist... well thats just a real downer!!
Is there nothing else I can look at to shorten the process??

Before I read any further...

13th is a dear, personal friend of mine. He is much closer to me than my own brother. He's stayed in my home, and many beers met their eternal destiny over shared military stories. I know many, many Americans that are HARDLY as American as he is.

When I learned of his plight, I was outraged. 20 million illegals, and we deny good and honorable men access to our country because of paper trails and pencil-pushing bureaucrats destined to make peoples' lives miserable in the name of job security - so they can sit on their azz and do nothing. At the expense of another, I might again add.

I am absolutely disgusted and infuriated with our BS immigration system.

But that said to say this: the man knows EXACTLY what he is talking about. EXACTLY. He and I both have years of research under our belts concerning this issue - him way more than me. If he gives you direction, take is confirmed gospel. He knows his stuff better than 99% out there. If he gives you a lead, take it. If he offers a warning, heed it. And if he provides you a personal experience, learn from it.

He is an expert on this issue, so pick his brain. Unless we have an actual immigration agent here, Dale is THE most qualified to discuss this subject.

to serve the SANDF "south African defense force" is not that great from being 1 in the top 5 to down like 80 on the list. Plus if you are white you can never get a rank higher than a lt. The SANDF has become a racesist black military force and you will die in training by your fellow comrades, thats why i would like to join the us army

Then listen to what The13thRedneck tells you.

It is sickening that you face such resistance, but please know that many here, myself included -- myself especially -- are on your side.

I will say a very special prayer for you and all like you tonight, and pass your situation on to my entire prayer chain. I can do nothing else, but I will do nothing less.

I am so sorry for you, my friend :(

ohh man...i feel for ya i been waiting for 10 years to enlist...i finally got my green card last year...i'm south african too from durban...going to take the asvab next week...i'm nervous-wish me luck and good luck to u man...

I know people who can make things happen. If you are dead serious about serving then msg me. We can talk on the phone and I can see if I can help you. I can work the recruiters on post and make some calls.

Agreed 13th. One of the guys I was at RMC with wanted to join the USAF or the USN as soon as he could. Neither would accept him because he had served in a Foreign service. But this was the same guy who said the Army would accept him as an Aviation Warrant Officer, so I take anything he said with a grain of salt.

Either way, serving in your own forces does set back any hopes of joining the US Services.

heh heh, I'm invald for either the Navy or Air Force myself. They dont like people transferring from other branches. (we get guys from other branches all the time however)

I've had a couple friends who moved from South Africa over the years, Koreans and central africans are very common coming in as well.

Back