US Army Comercials - Page 6

--
Boots

October 24th, 2004  
Redneck

It's supposed to be oriented towards you, it is a response to your post.

Stay on subject, this is not a pity party thread. If you have any issues you feel need to be addressed, use the PM system.
December 8th, 2005  
bulldogg

Just saw the news today the US Army has finally decided to drop this crap advertising about "An Army of one"... its about time they quit selling a load of malarkey. The military is about being a team, NOT an individual. In fact that is one of the major tenets of BASIC. I am glad they have made this long overdue move away from this individualist advertising.
December 8th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Ugh, I hope its ture. My dad owns his own marketing company and he's informed me that the industry views the "Army of One" campaign as one of the worst advertising campaigns since "New Coke" (...which my father was involved in the market research behind, *doh*)

Back on point, they took a time tested slogan "be all you can be" that inspired many low-income dead-end-job Americans to join up and turn their lives around and replaced it with something that sounds like a line in a bad Arnold Schwartzeneger movie "an army of one". The first TV spot depicted a soldier running in one direction with Army tanks, troops, and helicopters going the other direction. Was he running away? Why would you think that leading off an advertising campaign with a retreating soldier is a great idea?

It isn't.
--
Boots
December 10th, 2005  
AJChenMPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
The first TV spot depicted a soldier running in one direction with Army tanks, troops, and helicopters going the other direction.
Wasn't it where the one soldier is leading the rest of the division?