US Army Comercials

Spyfly said:
No problem. It just got me a little confused. I like the Mod edits.

Mod edit: Thank you. -Redneck :lol:
Admin edit: No problem. -Redleg ;)
You see, they can be quite nice guys if you give'm the chance, and they want to be, and they have slept well, and .... :lol: :lol: ;)

Mod edit: You best not be gittin lippy with us, boy. :lol:

Post the reasoning behind your statement.

It is not "propoganda" as it is not meant to influence the thinking of the citizenry at large, it is meant to fill a very simple and obvious role, that of getting young men and women thinking about the possibility of joining the service.

Redneck said:

It is not "propoganda" as it is not meant to influence the thinking of the citizenry at large, it is meant to fill a very simple and obvious role, that of getting young men and women thinking about the possibility of joining the service.

But as it has been brought up before, they dont show guys with their guts hangin out and screaming for home in them, so it only shows one side of the deal

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Redneck said:

But as it has been brought up before, they dont show guys with their guts hangin out and screaming for home in them, so it only shows one side of the deal

Read the entire thread before you post a reply, this matter has already been addressed. Then post your reply if you feel the need to challenge the stated positions.

Redneck said:
drilldownmaster2004 said:
Redneck said:

Read the entire thread before you post a reply, this matter has already been addressed. Then post your reply if you feel the need to challenge the stated positions.

that was part of the support for my Propoganda idea, i even said it was stated before

DTop said:
Before I respond to your silly statements would you tell me how old you are? If I am speaking to a child, I will make an allowance for that but just to a limited extent. If my first response to you sounded silly then you now know how your post sounded to me. It's called sarcasm. Trust me when I tell you that I did not go "beserker" on you. I could but we'd both be banned I'm sure. You made ludicrous statements about the organization I worked for for 22 years. Nobody I know ever joined the Army without knowing that it's purpose is to defend the country. By the time you're old enough to enlist (18), it is assumed that you know what an army does.
WARNING SACARCASM ALERT:
It would be like joining the Navy and being surprised that they have ships or joining the Air Force and finding out that those bombs are meant to kill people. SARCASM OFF
Fighting is what the Army and the rest of the military does and everybody knows that. What a potential recruit might want to know is "what's in it for me?" and that's what the commercials show. Each branch of the service presents its benefits and selling points. Things like pride and love of country and the desire to serve your fellow countrymen, the desire to follow in the footsteps of the brave people that went before you.

This pretty much says it.

Redneck said:
DTop said:
Before I respond to your silly statements would you tell me how old you are? If I am speaking to a child, I will make an allowance for that but just to a limited extent. If my first response to you sounded silly then you now know how your post sounded to me. It's called sarcasm. Trust me when I tell you that I did not go "beserker" on you. I could but we'd both be banned I'm sure. You made ludicrous statements about the organization I worked for for 22 years. Nobody I know ever joined the Army without knowing that it's purpose is to defend the country. By the time you're old enough to enlist (18), it is assumed that you know what an army does.
WARNING SACARCASM ALERT:
It would be like joining the Navy and being surprised that they have ships or joining the Air Force and finding out that those bombs are meant to kill people. SARCASM OFF
Fighting is what the Army and the rest of the military does and everybody knows that. What a potential recruit might want to know is "what's in it for me?" and that's what the commercials show. Each branch of the service presents its benefits and selling points. Things like pride and love of country and the desire to serve your fellow countrymen, the desire to follow in the footsteps of the brave people that went before you.

This pretty much says it.

is that derected to me? im confused? it seems to be derected at me, while being derected at someone else. help me out

It's supposed to be oriented towards you, it is a response to your post.

Stay on subject, this is not a pity party thread. If you have any issues you feel need to be addressed, use the PM system.

Just saw the news today the US Army has finally decided to drop this crap advertising about "An Army of one"... its about time they quit selling a load of malarkey. The military is about being a team, NOT an individual. In fact that is one of the major tenets of BASIC. I am glad they have made this long overdue move away from this individualist advertising.

Ugh, I hope its ture. My dad owns his own marketing company and he's informed me that the industry views the "Army of One" campaign as one of the worst advertising campaigns since "New Coke" (...which my father was involved in the market research behind, *doh*)

Back on point, they took a time tested slogan "be all you can be" that inspired many low-income dead-end-job Americans to join up and turn their lives around and replaced it with something that sounds like a line in a bad Arnold Schwartzeneger movie "an army of one". The first TV spot depicted a soldier running in one direction with Army tanks, troops, and helicopters going the other direction. Was he running away? Why would you think that leading off an advertising campaign with a retreating soldier is a great idea?

It isn't.

Whispering Death said:
The first TV spot depicted a soldier running in one direction with Army tanks, troops, and helicopters going the other direction.
Wasn't it where the one soldier is leading the rest of the division?

Back