US Army Comercials - Page 4

--
Boots

May 17th, 2004  
levnbush

Top, I've got a hunch that Spyflly is a young female from Sweden.
May 18th, 2004  
Spyfly

Topic: US Army Comercials

ok....i think you are overeacting on this one...i am not from usa....but i have lived there for couple years. I am planning on moving back. I do not have to tell you my country and it is none of your buisness. I would like to ask you not to insult my english even if it is at level of a kid. Wow....good job about finding out what the word means exactly. I did not insuly any of your family memebers and if you took it this way than im sorry. I think you know exactly what i meant even if it was written badly. Or didnt you? I agree completely with 1217. 1217 cleared my mind about it a little bit wihthout being so agressive. I respect you for that . I will not state facts about me because i dont see why does everbody need to know. And as far as i know there is nothing said about writing perfectly on this site.
May 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well thanks DTop that was quite an explanation.
--
Boots
May 18th, 2004  
Redneck

Topic: Re: US Army Comercials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyfly
ok....i think you are overeacting on this one...i am not from usa....but i have lived there for couple years. I am planning on moving back. I do not have to tell you my country and it is none of your buisness. I would like to ask you not to insult my english even if it is at level of a kid. Wow....good job about finding out what the word means exactly. I did not insuly any of your family memebers and if you took it this way than im sorry. I think you know exactly what i meant even if it was written badly. Or didnt you? I agree completely with 1217. 1217 cleared my mind about it a little bit wihthout being so agressive. I respect you for that . I will not state facts about me because i dont see why does everbody need to know. And as far as i know there is nothing said about writing perfectly on this site.

DTop explained why he wanted to know what country you were from (to see what your first language is, which would explain some of the apparent misunderstandings between you all) and what your age is (again, to help explain some misunderstandings and excuse what, to our minds, might come across as a certain irrationality or naivety in your position). From your posts, it appeared to me at first that you were an American, considering your claim to know so many people who had gone into the service, and the fact that United States military commercials probably don't get much play overseas.
The misunderstandings I mentioned above include the insult to DTop's son, which, although unintentional, came across as very offensive, and a simple "I'm from Sweden/English isn't my first language/what have you, and I'm sorry that my point came out wrong" would have been more than sufficient satisfaction for DTop I'm sure.
May 18th, 2004  

Quote:
agree completely with 1217. 1217 cleared my mind about it a little bit wihthout being so agressive.
I have my good days.... tnx for the compliment.
May 20th, 2004  
Spyfly

This is just great. Yesterday i wrote everything you wanted to know and today i look on the forum and my message is not there. I am pretty sure that i put it down on the forum. Well anyway if you are so curious i think i got it in my profile.

Mod edit: Your reply has been split off and moved to the Welcome Center to serve as your introduction.
May 20th, 2004  

Quote:
This is just great. Yesterday i wrote everything you wanted to know and today i look on the forum and my message is not there. I am pretty sure that i put it down on the forum. Well anyway if you are so curious i think i got it in my profile.

Mod edit: Your reply has been split off and moved to the Welcome Center to serve as your introduction.
Misunderstanding after misunderstanding. It can only go better from here.
May 20th, 2004  
Spyfly

Why is all that done without my permission?

Mod edit: Because we wanted to. Booga booga, Big Brother.
May 20th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Why is all that done without my permission?
I moved it to the welcoming center because that is the right place for an introduction..
But I forgot to add that info here.
Sorry..
May 20th, 2004  
Spyfly

No problem. It just got me a little confused. I like the Mod edits.

Mod edit: Thank you. -Redneck
Admin edit: No problem. -Redleg