US Admiral Appointed New NATO Commander

bropous

US Admiral James G Stavridis has been appointed NATO's new commander:

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1103ap_eu_nato_new_commander.html

He is moving up from his post at US Southern Command.

Now, I am not really familiar with Admiral Stavridis, and am hoping some of you trusty shellbacks out there might have a little background on the fellow and whether he is one of the Perfumed Princes that Hackworth railed against (more politician than warrior), or if he is actually The Real Deal.
What bothers me about this appointment was Obama's pressure on NATO to drop the previous nominee. He was a Danish General, and from a lot of reports I trust (like Ralph Peters, for example), he seemed like he would have been a good choice. However, the Turks (thanks for your support of Sadam Husayn's regime and refusing to let us stage the 4th ID out of eastern Turkey for the liberation of Iraq, allowing the remnants of Sadam's Republican Guard to fall back on stores of ammo and materiel in Iraqi Kurdistan, ) whined and complained about the Dane's appointment. Why?

Because the Islamofascists taking over Turkiye and micturating on the legacy of Kamal Ataturk remembered it was a Danish newspaper that printed the cartoons of Mo-Ham-Ed that sparked the riots by the Neanderthals who can't understand what Freedom of Speech means.

So, hope that Admiral Stavridis does a good job, and good luck to him in the role, but Obama's kowtowing to the Islamofascists (which he does as many times a day as bow to Mecca in secret) leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth on this appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
US Admiral James G Stavridis has been appointed NATO's new commander:

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/1103ap_eu_nato_new_commander.html

He is moving up from his post at US Southern Command.

Now, I am not really familiar with Admiral Stavridis, and am hoping some of you trusty shellbacks out there might have a little background on the fellow and whether he is one of the Perfumed Princes that Hackworth railed against (more politician than warrior), or if he is actually The Real Deal.
What bothers me about this appointment was Obama's pressure on NATO to drop the previous nominee. He was a Danish General, and from a lot of reports I trust (like Ralph Peters, for example), he seemed like he would have been a good choice. However, the Turks (thanks for your support of Sadam Husayn's regime and refusing to let us stage the 4th ID out of eastern Turkey for the liberation of Iraq, allowing the remnants of Sadam's Republican Guard to fall back on stores of ammo and materiel in Iraqi Kurdistan, ) whined and complained about the Dane's appointment. Why?

Because the Islamofascists taking over Turkiye and micturating on the legacy of Kamal Ataturk remembered it was a Danish newspaper that printed the cartoons of Mo-Ham-Ed that sparked the riots by the Neanderthals who can't understand what Freedom of Speech means.

So, hope that Admiral Stavridis does a good job, and good luck to him in the role, but Obama's kowtowing to the Islamofascists (which he does as many times a day as bow to Mecca in secret) leaves me with a nasty taste in my mouth on this appointment.

Jesus, learn to freaking spell. Trying to read a single sentence of yours gave me a massive headache and managed to make me lose all faith in today's youth.

Get an education and then come back to opine on something you know nothing about.

There is like 6 misspelt words there and they are mostly names, maybe the problem was that some of them were too big for you to understand.

Let me guess: you didn't vote for Obama. :lol:

By all accounts, ADM Stavridis is a bit of a renaissance man and is extremely well-liked by his troops in SOUTHCOM. He also has a Master's and PhD in international relations (he went to graduate school where I went to undergrad, although not at the same time), which is nothing to sneeze at.

I was going to say something about bashing my Commander-in-Chief (even though I readily admit that I didn't vote for the guy myself)...but I'll leave it alone for now.

He's an Admiral. The word "fellow" isn't exactly appropriate unless you're some supreme ruler of the world.
That's the funny thing about the media. It puts us in the position where we are watching the people in power at work and gives us the false idea that somehow we outrank them.

Back