Upcoming events

AFSteliga

Token Canadian Moder'eh'tor
Well, I've noticed that this place has been pretty dead for a bit, so I might as well start something up.

Anyone have any Divisional/Regimental/etc...activities coming up? This can be anywhere from something as simple as a range activity to something more complex as a full out training course (or as our American friends call it: encampmet) or even a Christmas Ball.

I guess I'll start off, even though anything that I do isn't actually involved with JROTC or any other equivalent, I might as well put in my experiences to share.

Sometime towards the end of November (or early December, I haven't found out the dates yet) is the annual Royal Military College Christmas Ball. This is pretty much the big thing here at RMC not only because it's that last hurrah before the dreaded Christmas Exams, but it also allows Cadets to enjoy a night of music, fancy dinner, and a lot of fun. Although a bit smaller than before due to budget cuts, the RMC X-mas Ball used to be the 3rd largest in Canada.

Anyone who's in the Kingston, Ontario area and wishes to come, just PM me and I'll give you some more information about it. I'm not certain about the policy regarding non-RMC Cadets, but I can find out if anyone is interested.

We're selling poppies this weekend for our affiliated legion. This Sunday, we're doing a Remembrance Day parade in Elmira with a legion there. Our corps is also taking part in the Remembrance Day vigil, as well as the parade downtown the next morning.

We have a weekend exercise planned for sometime in November, and our Christmas Dinner is going to be well... around Christmas time :p

Weekend exercise, eh? What'll that encompass?

Anyone else have anything on the go?

Remembrance Day cermonies today (at school) and tomorow. Annual Cadet Ball is coming up soon too. Just had our mess diner. Besides that everything is running smooth.

Mid Terms for flying scholarship are soon though. :eek:

Last edited:
No, my unit has a mid term half way threw flying scholarship. We also have a final exam at the end. See, with a unit of 185 cadets on paper and only 5 spots for glider and 5 spots for power, we need a way to tell who deserves a shot at the entrace exam's.

Entrance exams are in february, and I intend to be there (and pass it this time :x).

Fair enough. We never worried about that when I was still with the Squadron.

Good luck on the exams. You should be joining the ranks of us pilots soon enough.

Back