Unwittingly, is the West enabling its future Executioners? - Page 10

--
Unwittingly, is the West enabling its future Executioners?

June 12th, 2007  
Padre

Hey, I really like where the last three posts are going. They're so liberating and feel good. Taken to their logical conclusion that means we can:

1. Ban umpires and referees in sports, be it basketball, grid iron, baseball, football, rugby, tennis. Who the hell do umpires and referees think they are, interfering with each athlete's and player's personal interpretation of the rule book. Just because they have a whistle doesn't give them any authority or superior knowledge of the rules of their sport. Each player does whatever he likes and calls their own free kicks, penalties, fouls, goals, times, etc.

2. And while we are at it, lets abolish the judiciary, judges and juries. Who the hell do they think they are interfering with our individual interpretation of common, civil, criminal law and constitutional law. To each his own we say. Just because those Supreme Court justices wear gowns and do law studies doesn't make them experts or anything, and they have no authority over individual interpretation of the laws of the land.

3. And while we are at it lets liberate children from the yoke of their parents. Children should be free to interpret the laws of their domestic home as they see fit. Who the hell do parents think they are setting times for bed and what you can or can't watch on T.V.

4. And cops, who the hell do they think they are telling us if we've violated the law or not. Where do they get their authority? Each individual should determine if they are drunk when driving, or if they can pinch someone's DVD recorder.

5. (insert priest, rabbi, iman, pope, bishop, pastor, elder, lama, jedi knight, warlock, depending on your religion)

yep anarchy, civil or religious, it's the way to go, it feels so good, yesum, let the Age of Aquarius reign and the power of Flower blossom. hmmmmm

*start mammas and the pappas music*
June 12th, 2007  
senojekips

Do I detect a trace of sarcasm there Padre?

Looking back at the last three posts, I fail so see a great connection to your answer(s). Nobody seemed to be advocating anything that could elicit the responses you gave.

In Post 88 (Gators reply to me)
(1)He expressed his opinion that his interpretation of the Bible was not so different to mine. This is his opinion, and although you may not agree with it, I feel that he is quite entitled to express that opinion. (There would be many others of similar belief no doubt)

(2) If I read this next point correctly he is stating that people should believe their own inner feelings on the interpretation of the Bible, and I presume anything else we are told by others as this has caused a lot of dissent and heartbreak in the past. (not to mention murder and endless mayhem)

Unless your mind reads something else into these statements that I fail to see, they are in my view both perfectly legitimate comments expressed on his own behalf.

Post 89.
The poster seems to agree with Gator. Once again a perfectly legitimate comment. ???

Post 90
(1) I would look absolutely stupid if I was to say that I did NOT agree with my own views. And where I come from, religion IS certainly a personal matter.

(2) I named two of many relatively recent slaughters that had their origins in "religion" (odd though they were).

(3) Having lived and worked with a number of Buddhists, I do have a greater admiration for the tenets of Buddhism than any other religion that I know, but not wishing to commit myself to this system of belief I merely try to get through life causing as little harm and misery as I can.

I may be far from perfect, but I do try to behave somewhat better than the average "Christian" that I run into.
June 12th, 2007  
bulldogg

Peace and love this... my kinda male bonding.
--
June 12th, 2007  
Del Boy

Good Afternoon Gentlemen - been busy I see.

They are trying to obliterate me.

Get over it.

They've done it before.

Its your own fault.

What was I doing wrong?

You were breathing.

COMMAND THE FUTURE, CONQUER THE PAST.
June 12th, 2007  
Del Boy

Padre

You sure are working well. Those are terrible negative experiences you have had. There is no excuse whatsoever for such extremist nonsense, especially from the Hassedim.

As it happens, I too have had one uncomfortable situation in Israel, with young off duty soldiers, involving my crucifix being on display when I swam at the pool. Nothing was said to me, and I do not speak their language, but attitudes were obvious. If it had not been for the language barrier i would have liked to have told them what a weakness it is to not know who your friends are. Isolated incident. They can certainly be spiky and defensive, but hey, backs to the wall and all that. Personally that would not suit me, but my experience is different. I am a comfortable Englishman,

Other side of the coin; one of my very best friends, a mature Irish Roman Catholic priest, with whom I had met Pope John Paul 11, and been to Lourdes on a number of occasions, one day suddenly announced, I believe out of frustration with communism, - ' you know Del, sometimes I wonder whether we joined World War 11 on the wrong side'.
Another time, he interpreted St Peter's first days after Jesus's accension as 'he converted 3000 HARDENED Jews'.

As for forgiveness, I believe that is for the victim to provide. I can't forgive someone for what he does to another. However, my family here once entertained, for a week, a visiting Japanese Roman Catholic priest who was from Hiroshima; filling in at our church, whilst working in Rome.
He was a most holy and forgiving man, and I thought that was really impressive.

On another occasion I was in Poland on business with Max Peretz, a London business man, known in his circle as 'The Count', very cultivated and smooth. He was Jewish and Peretz St in Warsaw was named after his uncle, the poet . It was his first visit to his Poland since WW11, and the communist authorities were celebrating his arrival. They took us on visits to the Shrine at Chestakova, Yasla Gura, where Pope John Paul 11 had spent his early years,( this was 1965 ) and Auchswitz on the same day. Max had already refused to land and stop for fuel in Germany.

As we approached the steps of the Cathedral, Max, myself and our Communist minders, a young man, obviously an enthusiastic christian, tried to meet us to offer a tiny Bible. Our guide intervened and roughly brushed him aside saying - 'I reject that.' But before they could hurry the man away, Max interrupted and said 'No, wait - I will accept that from you.' The communists did not approve.

That taught me something about human nature.
In Hungary an armed airport policeman spat at his British passport. Max told him it was the greatest in the World and slapped his face. He was arrested and held for some time.

COMMAND THE FUTURE, CONQUER THE PAST.
June 12th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg

Peace and love this... my kinda male bonding.
I will only be as peaceful as others will allow.
June 13th, 2007  
Del Boy

Try this for size. Well, I liked it.

7 DEADLY POLITICAL SINS.

HYPOCRISY

DOUBLE-STANDARDS

BIGOTRY

PROPAGANDA

MISINFORMATION

DENIAL

TIPPING THE WHIPPER

A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE

COMMAND THE FUTURE, CONQUER THE PAST
June 13th, 2007  
bulldogg

"Tipping the Whipper"? Oi, ya got me with that one. Does it mean anything like "Flogging the Dolphin"?? Do tell.

June 13th, 2007  
Del Boy

Good Question Bulldog, and you put it very well, even tho you are not on the button. I reckon you'll appreciate the answer.

The Roman Galley is crossing the sea; the drummer controls the stroke, and whenever he wants to put on speed, he lifts the beat and the whipper takes over and whips up the Galley Slaves ( shall we say, in this case, merely for local colour, Jewish galley slaves - possible, d'ya think). The galley slaves sweat and toil, manacled into the boat as they are. Eventually the reach land, and their feet are freed so that they can disembark. In single file they shuffle down the gang-plank, and as they do, one newbie leans towards his nearest comrade and whispers -
' Do you think we should tip the Whipper ?'

Feel free to remember it.
June 13th, 2007  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy

HYPOCRISY

DOUBLE-STANDARDS

BIGOTRY

PROPAGANDA

MISINFORMATION

DENIAL

TIPPING THE WHIPPER

A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE
All you need to do is add GREED and SELF INTEREST, and you have named most of the vital attributes necessary to make a true politician.

Billy Connolly summed it up pretty well when he said, "The very fact that a man shows an interest in politics, should be the one thing that precludes him from ever being allowed to become involved in it"