unsure of future

LtStryker

I am currently planning to join the military in the USA (where I live). I am honestly not sure which service to join. It seems as if I have just always known that I would join, but as the day grows closer I realize how little I actually know about what I am good at and should do. I would greatly appreciate advice from servicemen and women from any country. thank you

You´re obviously not ready to make that decision. Therefore, it makes no sense to give you advice on choice of service. You and only you can make that decision. The military is not just a job, there are some obligations that can have major impact on your future life.

You must be completely resolved with what you want if you want a military career. There are no partial solutions in our system, it´s either go or no go.

Think about it thoroughly and then consider the advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps you will discover that this is not what you want. The day you are absolutely clarified with what you want, return to us and then we can give you more specific advice.

Feel free to ask any question you like. For my part, there´s nothing you can´t ask.

Cheers.

What you need to think about carefully is, "What do I do if I leave the military?" Do you want to learn a trade useful in civi street? I had a chance to learn a trade when I joined the Royal Air Force, I was offered training as an aero engine fitter, which like a fool I turned down. Quite a few ex RAF engine fitters ended up in Saudi Arabia earning HUGE bucks keeping their English Electric Lightnings in the air.

All I am saying is, "Don't act in haste and repent at leisure."

Last edited:
I am currently planning to join the military in the USA (where I live). I am honestly not sure which service to join. It seems as if I have just always known that I would join, but as the day grows closer I realize how little I actually know about what I am good at and should do. I would greatly appreciate advice from servicemen and women from any country. thank you

Hi Friend,

Opa Brit and 42RM is giving good and sound advice. I would pay attention to their input if I were you...

You got to ask what is it that you want, no one has the answer but you yourself. I can summarise it in this way, buddy...

The difference between classroom teaching and life teaching is this-

Classroom teaching gave you the lessons and then put you to a test...

Life teaching put you to a test and you learn the lessons from that...

Ask anything that you wish to know, I know some of us may help you out with it... what are friends for, buddy...

Back