unstoppable

I read somewhere that the russian made missiles with the names Moskit, Sunburn, Onyx and Yakhont all are unstoppable because they fly at Mach 2.2 and 2.9 and are capable of taking out any American base, ship and airplane carrier. That Syria and Iran have these missiles with nuclear warheads ready to vaporise Israel if and when the US ever would set foot on their territory.Why then this diplomatic rumble over the uranium enrichment and sanctions and threats? Or would the USA finally for once dare to get into a real war with an enemy who can strike back?

Or would the USA finally for once dare to get into a real war with an enemy who can strike back?

Id be careful mate lots of Americans on this site you could offend the military might that is the US of A lol
but i do see your point, but a missile that flys at mach 2.2 or 2.9 is nothing to a US marine except for a low flying fast toothpick
lol
Jay :rambo:

Well captain, it has to do with the fact that each country in question has signed and agreed to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. So essentially, if they have nuclear weapons, are working to build them, they are breaking their word.

Also, try to be tactful with you posts. I know that there is a lot of general dislike for the USA right now, but if you play nice then so does everyone else. I'd edit your initial post to avoid a flamewar. Just say the same things without the incredibly obvious "I hate America" attitude showing.

2.9 Mach is slow for a missile. ICBMs have to travel a lot faster than that and in initial tests we've had some success shooting down ICBM-dummys with our missile defense system. Anyone know what speed the silkworm-class missiles fly at?

The Chinese Silkworm?

It is very slow:
Max Speed: 0.8 Mach
Max Range: 35 km (HY-1); 95-100 km (HY-2); 135 km (HY-4); 200 km (XW-41)
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/weapon/c201.asp

c201_1.jpg

:eek:fftopic:

captainbuddha said:
Or would the USA finally for once dare to get into a real war with an enemy who can strike back?

Ever heard of World War II or did you think the Nazis didnt have to ablilty to fight back?

back on topic.

Syria and Iran have nuclear warheads? You read this somewhere, you say? That's some damn exclusive information!

And I'm not going to bite into that anti-american red meat he threw out, no, far too unintelligible and cheap to take seriously.

zyonchaos said:

Id be careful mate lots of Americans on this site you could offend the military might that is the US of A lol
but i do see your point, but a missile that flys at mach 2.2 or 2.9 is nothing to a US marine except for a low flying fast toothpick
lol
Jay :rambo:

Yes. We do live in the United States of the Offended! And I call them nukepicks :D And, by God, if Bush finds it a necessity to go into a country that openly brandishes nukepicks, then I have no doubt that he will go in with the wrath of the Rednecks!

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/3767.html
can't find the other one, but it's funny as hell!

Trevor said:
35 km range?! That's terrible!

I beg your pardon?

Max Range: 35 km (HY-1); 95-100 km (HY-2); 135 km (HY-4); 200 km (XW-41)

35 KM is type HY-1, the oldest type of the HY serie. Longest is 200 KM XW-41.

HY is called Silkworm.

If talking about missile RANGE, Chinese DH Cruise Missile has range of 3,000 km with CEP (Circular Error Probable) of only 0.3 meter (I remember it is 0.3).

Of course Chinese ICBM has range over 15,000 KM, can hit anywhere in the world.

The silkworm is slow enough that it isn't a big deal...even with its sea-skimming capability. I don't think anyone can send any missile up that won't get picked off by aircraft, Aegis systems, or Phalanx/Sea sparrow point defense systems.

c/LtCdr said:
The silkworm is slow enough that it isn't a big deal...even with its sea-skimming capability. I don't think anyone can send any missile up that won't get picked off by aircraft, Aegis systems, or Phalanx/Sea sparrow point defense systems.

I agree.

Silkworm is not the best Chinese Anti-ship missile, the best indigenous ASM is Ying Ji-82 Anti-Ship Missile (C-802) and C-803.
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/weapon/c802.asp

China has already acquired SS-N-22 Sunburns equiped in 4 Sovremenny's bought from Russia.
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/weapon/3m80.asp

Sunburn flies twice fast then C-802, but C-802 has longer range than Suburn (120 km vs 90), C-803 is more deadly compared to C-802.

Back