Unpopular Wars

The official footage was banned for fear it would affect Marine Corps enlistment due to the ferocity of the fighting. Although the official Marine Corp video doesn't show many dead it shows plenty of wounded and maimed and the tenacity of the hell called Tarawa in 1943.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqRgTp_MSA

Yes, this is the footage I had in my mind. I watched it a few days ago. Hence why I remembered it.

I prefer to watch documentaries about the Pacific. If I read something about the Second World War, I read about what happened there.

JFK was on the verge of being court marshaled over leaving his men on one Island and him swimming to another Island also for placing PT-109 in the path of danger but old Joe got him out of it .

When did the US sun themselves on the beaches in the philippines? That wasn't on the telly either.

Tetvet's a F*&^ing idiot, my uncles was at Dunkirk. He suffered for the rest of his life because of it.

Now the Irish American anti British is coming out in the cretin, I wonder if he was one of the Irish Americans who gave financial support to the IRA which resulted in the deaths of innocent men, women and children on mainland UK and Northern Ireland.

Joe Kennedy also an Irish American would tell everyone who would listen that Britain would fold under the NAZI onslaught. The only one who did was Kennedy, after a few nights bombing he fled back to the US with his tail between his legs. Then there was Admiral King who also hated the British who refused to British warnings about U Boats off the coast of the US, costing thousands of American seamens lives.

Battle Of Kasserine Pass in North Africa. The US Army got its butt kicked bad. The German tanks were far superior to the US tanks and the Germans just ran over the US Army. Fortunately the British were there to pick up the pieces and stop the German advance.

My deepest apologies to my American friends for this post..

Again, I apologize for my idiotic compatriot here...it's sad and even frightening that there is a large minority of Americans that are just like this ignorant, bitter, imbecile.

The US military did some fantastic...and not so fantastic... things in WWII. JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! Winning sides lose battles all the time.

Losing sides can win all the battles and still lose...just like Vietnam. The US lost that war...it must be because all the GIs were sunning themselves in the jungle...

The US is the last one to call any of our allies out about actions in WWII. In the grand scheme of things...especially in Europe...we essentially showed up and walked away unscathed in almost all areas that count. We didn't lose another generation ( which Europe had experienced in WWI AND WWII), our infrastructure was intact, and besides the USSR, we were the only country to come out of that war FAR stronger than we were when we entered it...Who are we to judge ANYONE else when we benefited so much from the sacrifice of everyone else? GFY

Last edited:
Don't have a problem with your personal attack on me as I simply observe the source which I consider to be insignificant . And yes I am a supporter of the IRA .

But his son JFK performed admirable in the Pacific theater, despite his old man being off base. Tet the Allies on the beaches of Dunkirk were bombed and strafed by the Luftwaffe while they "sunned themselves"

JFK was indeed a hero in the truest of sense's along with many other Americans.

Don't have a problem with your personal attack on me as I simply observe the source which I consider to be insignificant . And yes I am a supporter of the IRA .

Despite the fact that the majority of Northern Irish don't want to leave the UK. Are you proud that your support of the IRA helped in the murder of innocent men, women.

All I can say is you insignificant little man, I thank God the majority of Americans are not like you.

Last edited:
Do a little back ground on your hero JFK , insignificant of course I am we all are , as far as the IRA I support the political part as far as N.Ireland is concerned its nothing but a waste land .

Do a little back ground on your hero JFK , insignificant of course I am we all are , as far as the IRA I support the political part as far as N.Ireland is concerned its nothing but a waste land .

And what are the IRA's aims for Northern Ireland?

On 1 September 1939, two days before Britain declared war on Germany, the station was taken off air with little warning; the government was concerned that the VHF transmissions would act as a beacon to enemy aircraft homing in on London. Also, many of the television service's technical staff and engineers would be needed for the war effort, in particular on the radar programme. The last programme transmitted was a Mickey Mouse cartoon, Mickey's Gala Premier (1933), which was followed by test transmissions; this account refuted the popular memory according to which broadcasting was suspended before the end of the cartoon.

According to figures from Britain's Radio Manufacturers Association, 18,999 television sets had been manufactured from 1936 to September 1939, when production was halted by the war.

Likely the CRT's (TV tubes) were used in the war effort for radars, so the development of the Tele likely helped the war effort.

I once thought you were a fecking idiot with some of your previous posts, with this post, it confirms you are a fecking idiot!!! :cens:

I wonder what Spike would have done in this situation...oh how I miss how he could just really put it out there lol!

I don't know about kissing, I'd kick it into the middle of next week if it was within range, I don't suffer fools gladly, and you are a fool without a shadow of a doubt! :cens:

Perhaps you'd like to get together so you could kick my ass , I'd be more than happy to put it within your range , more than happy , your call .

....the public goes into the disconnect mode there becomes to many distractions......

I agree that you are in disconnect mode.

insignificant of course I am

m0406.gif

....can you install an ignore button so I don't have to read any more of wetvet's crap?

There should be one in your control panel. But I have to admit.. he's so ridiculous it's funny.

I wonder what Spike would have done in this situation...oh how I miss how he could just really put it out there lol!

Me too...

Perhaps you'd like to get together so you could kick my ass , I'd be more than happy to put it within your range , more than happy , your call .

More than happy to put you on your arse old man, and that is unusual for me, as I was brought up to respect my elders.

Well hell old boy lets get together my schedule is open and I like to travel , this old man has sharp teeth .

Back