University/College

--
Boots

January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Topic: University/College

Which university or college do you guys think would be best for someone who likes to design stuff, like aircraft, architecture, etc.

Also what requirements do you know or think you would need for that specific university/college and grade levels. Perhaps even an SAT score.
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Architecture and aircraft are two completely different animals.
If you want aircraft stuff, you have to pick one that's got a good aerospace engineering department. So generally a school with a good engineering department will be one to look into.
Architecture is more like art. There will be some engineering aspects to take into consideration, after all, your building MUST be able to stand for a while lol. But these are generally handled in artsy schools.
January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Any specific names of universities and colleges in mind?
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Kind of partial, but Michigan Technological University, Cal Tech, Ga Tech all come to mind, but I am biased since MTU is where I decided to go after the Corps.
January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Oh I forgot to mention. Hopefully it will be in the northeastern region.
January 31st, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
Oh I forgot to mention. Hopefully it will be in the northeastern region.
Which state? Ma, Ct, NY? Rensellar (SP?) (RIT) is good, University of Ma is OK, and MIT if you can get in.....
January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

New York ( not that I prefer that state too much ), Connecticut ( really nice state ), Massachusettes, Vermont, New Hampshire, R.I, Pennsylvania, and down the east coast stopping at north carolina.
January 31st, 2005  
EagleZtrike

I had an eye on Harvard, MIT ( I don't know about that because their just good at robotics and stuff ), Yale, Amherst, and UCONN maybe.

ARGG I DOUBLE POSTED BY ACCIDENT!! EXCUSE THAT!!
January 31st, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
I had an eye on Harvard, MIT ( I don't know about that because their just good at robotics and stuff ), Yale, Amherst, and UCONN maybe.

ARGG I DOUBLE POSTED BY ACCIDENT!! EXCUSE THAT!!
Not Harvard for engineering, Columbia maybe, Univeristy of Mass good, Aircraft Engineering, still can't beat GaTEch.
January 31st, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: hey

WarWick Uni Or Brunel Uni.

Eng. degree's are rather good. Mind you fee's from USA would be alot as your not EU