University/College

EagleZtrike

Which university or college do you guys think would be best for someone who likes to design stuff, like aircraft, architecture, etc.

Also what requirements do you know or think you would need for that specific university/college and grade levels. Perhaps even an SAT score.

Architecture and aircraft are two completely different animals.
If you want aircraft stuff, you have to pick one that's got a good aerospace engineering department. So generally a school with a good engineering department will be one to look into.
Architecture is more like art. There will be some engineering aspects to take into consideration, after all, your building MUST be able to stand for a while lol. But these are generally handled in artsy schools.

Kind of partial, but Michigan Technological University, Cal Tech, Ga Tech all come to mind, but I am biased since MTU is where I decided to go after the Corps.

EagleStrike said:
Oh I forgot to mention. Hopefully it will be in the northeastern region.

Which state? Ma, Ct, NY? Rensellar (SP?) (RIT) is good, University of Ma is OK, and MIT if you can get in.....

New York ( not that I prefer that state too much ), Connecticut ( really nice state ), Massachusettes, Vermont, New Hampshire, R.I, Pennsylvania, and down the east coast stopping at north carolina.

I had an eye on Harvard, MIT ( I don't know about that because their just good at robotics and stuff ), Yale, Amherst, and UCONN maybe.

ARGG I DOUBLE POSTED BY ACCIDENT!! EXCUSE THAT!!

EagleStrike said:
I had an eye on Harvard, MIT ( I don't know about that because their just good at robotics and stuff ), Yale, Amherst, and UCONN maybe.

ARGG I DOUBLE POSTED BY ACCIDENT!! EXCUSE THAT!!

Not Harvard for engineering, Columbia maybe, Univeristy of Mass good, Aircraft Engineering, still can't beat GaTEch.

hey

WarWick Uni Or Brunel Uni.

Eng. degree's are rather good. Mind you fee's from USA would be alot as your not EU

No thinking about becoming an aerospace/aircraft engineer maybe for Boeing or Lockheed Martin possibly.

Hmm Columbia sounds ok but its in New York right? GA Tech might be a little too far MASS sounds ok also.

EagleStrike said:
No thinking about becoming an aerospace/aircraft engineer maybe for Boeing or Lockheed Martin possibly.

Hmm Columbia sounds ok but its in New York right? GA Tech might be a little too far MASS sounds ok also.

Boeing is pretty bad about RIFs lately. If you can find a University/College near Raytheon in Mass, I think it's in Waltham, they have a great program for Electronic, Optical, and Software Engineering students to work during Summers for 32 hours per week at a good wage while working in the field you have chosen as a career.

Just concentrate on the school for now. Ask your college counsellor though don't always trust their words 100%.
Do a real research. Kaplan tends to have good resources. Good luck!

EagleStrike said:
Hmm thats pretty good I'll check that out!
Do you know the wage

I only know the Texas wage. A second year student was working with me this past year and he was making about $25.00/hr. It goes up with each year completed. His major is Electronics Engineering.

Back